F: Lazio (h - Bescot): Thurs Aug 3 19.30

ender4

Was that Lazio's first team we played in the first half? They seemed almost disinterested. Villa played like they were the better team, but I found our performance difficult to judge because of the opposition's lack of intensity. 

I thought Cash and Chambers had really good games considering the normal comments they get.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I seriously don't envy Emery. How do you pick a team from this lot? 

We're going to be so strong this season. 

It is quite incredible.  We've had so long of basically the first team picking itself every match regardless of form and fitness - that having genuine options in almost every position (and sometimes two or three options depending on how we want to play) is a weird (but very good) feeling.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Delphouneso said:

Thought Digne and Chambers both had really good games. Chambers probably suits that RB/RCB role better than Konsa too.

Unai is going to have a hard time picking two from Dougie, Kamara and Tielemans.

I think they are going to be our midfield three most matches.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, allani said:

I think they are going to be our midfield three most matches.

Doubt they'll play as a three though. Emery seems to be persisting with this 4-4-2 system (that's not a complaint, it works!)

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hope you turned left once finally got out…

We did 👍 must be thankful of small mercies

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Took us over an hour to get out. Got onto the M6 and then see 'M5 J1-J2' closed 😑

Ended up in Maccy Ds opposite the Hawthorns at 11pm, got back onto the M5 following the diversion down through Smethwick, got back to Somerset about 1.20am this morning. 

All that for a bloody friendly 😂

Least we won and it stopped raining for a few hours. 

Add that to the pain in getting a pint under that main stand and it was we quite the epic journey. I reckon trips to the north pole have been easier to navigate.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Great: Youri, Kamara, McGinn, Doug, Konsa

Below par: Coutinho, Buendia, Archer

Everyone else fairly routine... and we STILL looked absolutely brilliant for most of the match.

Can't agree with you on Coutinho or Buendia I thought they both looked sharp. Just didn't happen for Archer last night though

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Was that Lazio's first team we played in the first half? They seemed almost disinterested. Villa played like they were the better team, but I found our performance difficult to judge because of the opposition's lack of intensity. 

I thought Cash and Chambers had really good games considering the normal comments they get.

I think they seemed totally outplayed. That was their problem!!!

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Great: Youri, Kamara, McGinn, Doug, Konsa

Below par: Coutinho, Buendia, Archer

Everyone else fairly routine... and we STILL looked absolutely brilliant for most of the match.

Mmmmmmm ............

Thought Kamara was patchy - lot of poor passes in first half especially.

Thought Coutinho had his best game since his debut. Still a little too slow but less lightweight and significantly better than Buendia was !

Archer looks poor and out of his depth. Maybe he will improve but at the moment looks like an average Championship player !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Add that to the pain in getting a pint under that main stand and it was we quite the epic journey. I reckon trips to the north pole have been easier to navigate.

In the stand I was in you could leave the ground at half time and you had a couple selling bottled beer on a table ! Was a lot faster than the Doug Ellis stand.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â