F: Lazio (h - Bescot): Thurs Aug 3 19.30

ender4

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Looking good. Chambers and Olsen my MotMs. Then Tielemans.

I mean, that's an amazing statement, any way you slice it. Makes you realise what a world-class manager with backing and a great all-for-one team spirit can do.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

Chambers looked an equal tonight, very accomplished and secure. Olsen too, hopefully his confidence builds, but on that showing, with a solid system and pattern of play in front of him you wouldn’t have a concern in the domestic cups if it was necessary.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Excellent - we're a good side.

We really are. There isn't any doubt. It's a weird feeling to approach a season totally unafraid and looking forward to it, but I really am. That is some achievement and it is testament to one man. Already our best manager since Ron and very capable of over taking him. God bless you Ron, I am sure you are enjoying the steps being taken.

• Like 4

Motm goes to Tielemans, he looks so composed and seems to have time on the ball and is very economical with it. Though Chambers, Lil Phil, Luiz and Karama were all excellent too. Beundia looked off it. Also JPB didn’t look that exciting today and Archer looked like a championship player. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

We really are. There isn't any doubt. It's a weird feeling to approach a season totally unafraid and looking forward to it, but I really am. That is some achievement and it is testament to one man. Already our best manager since Ron and very capable of over taking him. God bless you Ron, I am sure you are enjoying the steps being taken.

I’ve not been this excited since the MON days but we had a great first 11 then but not a great squad, now we are building both 

• Like 2

Just now, colhint said:

Thought Coutinho looked better. Maybe not so much in the prem but I think he could open a lot of defences in Europe.

I thought he was trying too hard to curl a worldie into the top right corner. But yeah, can see him starting some Euro games and used as a sub in Prem.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sadly im agreeing. He just does not look sharp at all. I really want him to impress so he is kept on. But i have a feeling emery will think he isnt ready.

Shame he hasn't really grabbed his chance in the same way Philogene has, but also should remember Archer isn't the type of player who's going to be involved all over the pitch, he's not an all action forward like Watkins, he's a fox in the box type and that means he's going to go through spells of not contributing before he pops up with or goal or an assist from inside the penalty area

Edited by david-avfc

15 minutes ago, KMitch said:

We actually have an elite manager with a surprisingly deep squad now.  I think we're a striker away from surprising a lot of neutrals this season. 

Can't remember having  so many good options before, and all seeming up for it too. We've  had better players individually, and some decent first teams,  but not the strength  in depth or multiple ways of playing 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Daweii said:

We're winning 2-0. Lazio have been unable to play their usual game, and have pretty much parked the bus for 75 minutes. We've dominated them and it could have been 7-0 by now had our many chances gone in. 

Amazing ❤️

Â