F: Lazio (h - Bescot): Thurs Aug 3 19.30

ender4

Slow start, then I thought from ten minutes on we were excellent - Kamara has been really good at breaking everything up, the goal was good, the penalty less so, one error from Olsen but some bright interplay between Watkins, Buendia and Diaby.

On performances in pre-season, I think it'd be difficult to drop Konsa from the starting line up in our first game.

• Like 4

Some lovely football and passing from Youri and some of the others.

Should be 3 1 up, emi b, the pen and the goal ( and the hit inside of cross bar)

Their goal an olsen normal, I would say special but that kind of play is normal of him.

Some dirty play going on out there and one where a couple challenges could have seriously injured our players.

Get mings on and let him just roam around the pitch flattening their players who are playing dirty.

9 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Olsen jeez. 

All this investment and planning but one injury to Emi and we are utterly ****. 

I mean ive been a harsh critic of olsen but the guys done nothing wrong so far tbh

• Like 3

For those of us who can't watch...what are we doing tactically? Digne, Chambers, or both going forward? I assume Kamara and Tielemans are in the double pivot? Which side are Bailey, Buendia, and Diaby lining up?

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

I bet the Lazio fans think Villa Park is shit

Kinda annoying that we aren’t playing there really. Give fans from other places a chance to come see it. 

26 minutes ago, robby b said:

It's a bit strange really... given that he's a centre-forward he should be good at them. :s

You would think, sadly he is dog dirt at them and it literally gives us less than 50% chance of scoring when it should be 75% or so in the penalty takers favour.

Playing really well. Looking solid and playing through a decent team nicely. 

Only observation is that the combination of Watkins, Bailey, Buendia, and Diaby creates a lot of turnover up front.

You can see how a player like Torres, Felix, or even Ramsey in that attacking set would progress the ball with a bit more reliability. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Kinda annoying that we aren’t playing there really. Give fans from other places a chance to come see it. 

Dont worry lazio will see it in 2 years when we both in champions league 🤩

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomC said:

For those of us who can't watch...what are we doing tactically? Digne, Chambers, or both going forward? I assume Kamara and Tielemans are in the double pivot? Which side are Bailey, Buendia, and Diaby lining up?

If you have tinterweb tv it's friendlies channel 11

Bailey right bundia left diaby right and drifts to middle it looked like although didn't see much of emi b for most of the half.

5 minutes ago, TomC said:

Digne getting higher up the pitch the Chambers on the other side. 

Chambers playing some lovely passes through the lines to the midfield and forwards from a deeper starting point...and then working forward more slowly to support the more gradual build up of pressure as opposed to Digne who goes forward with more of a burst. 

Â