Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

42 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Surely has to happen today. Longer this drags out, a good chance it will fall through.  Not a good look if we lose out on two Sporting Director's in the space of a month.

Why is there a good chance that this will fall though if it doesn't't happen today?

& why does this have to be completed today?

8 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Why is there a good chance that this will fall though if it doesn't't happen today?

& why does this have to be completed today?

I didn't say it had to be completed today or it would fall through.

53 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Surely has to happen today. Longer this drags out, a good chance it will fall through.  Not a good look if we lose out on two Sporting Director's in the space of a month.

It could be that we're not in a massive rush to get him in if we've got all our targets lined up and haven't yet reached the bottom of our list. 

I imagine Emery could have had an off the record chat with him, as friends do, to discuss some players. 

There's probably a point at which we'll want to confirm it, but we'll play it calm until then. 

If Monchi doesn't want to pay them off on a matter of principle,  I doubt we'd force the matter. Could just mean we don't get him in for 6 months. That obviously is too long, as planning for winter window and even next summer will likely have already started, or be starting the second the season kicks off. 

Edited by MrBlack

Article from before the 2016 EL final. Don’t know if it’s already been posted here so apologies if so.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/17/sevilla-monchi-liverpool-europa-league-final

Ramón Rodríguez Verdejo is running through the team written on the paper in front of him, smoke rising slowly from the cigarette in his right hand, a Coke bottle on the table. Andrés Palop in goal; a back four of Dani Alves, Federico Fazio, Martin Cáceres and Adriano; Ivan Rakitic, Júlio Baptista, Seydou Keita and Christian Poulsen in midfield; Luís Fabiano and Carlos Bacca up front. All men he signed, for little over €25m (£23.5m).”

4 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Clause will be paid and his departure to Villa is imminent bar final details, per Matteo Moretto.

Final details, like who’s paying his parking fine? imagine the board meeting storm outs over that. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

I wonder if Sevilla will waive his 3 month 'ban' in his contract since we are paying for his clause? Maybe that’s what the meetings have been about.

Yes the 3 month clause is reportedly resolved too. So no issues to worry about. 

• Like 1

If we’re prepared to pay the release clause, why would Sevilla still be looking a 3 month hiatus? Possibly to prevent us signing their targets? We’d probably already have our targets for this window identified.

Edited by duke313

Just now, The_Steve said:

Yes the 3 month clause is reportedly resolved too. So no issues to worry about. 

Amazing! I’m sure Monchi and our recruitment team/Emery have spoken already about targets etc. I’m really looking forward to the rest of the summer window now.

18 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If we’re prepared to pay the release clause, why would Sevilla still be looking a 3 month hiatus? Possibly to prevent us signing their targets? We’d probably already have our targets for this window identified.

You’re probably right, he earned his knowledge at Savilla on their payroll. They won’t be happy that knowledge is going elsewhere, particularly at the time it’s most useful 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I suspect headlines are all thats reported in his contract, and that detail is still to be ironed out.

Â