Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Given Purslow has now gone and Emery seems to have almost total control. I guess Emery just says 'I want this player' and Monchi makes it happen if Nas signs it off?

You clearly havent been keeping up with your Monchi masterclasses. Emery says I want this "profile" of player and Monchi wheels out his up to date list with everyone they've been scouting who fits that bill. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Given Purslow has now gone and Emery seems to have almost total control. I guess Emery just says 'I want this player' and Monchi makes it happen if Nas signs it off?

I wouldn't mind betting that as Emery and Monchi are good friends Unai has already been discussing his main targets and asking Monchi to check out best alternatives (strictly off the record between mates just chatting as mates do of course) if top targets can't or don't want to join the Villa Project.

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

You clearly havent been keeping up with your Monchi masterclasses. Emery says I want this "profile" of player and Monchi wheels out his up to date list with everyone they've been scouting who fits that bill. 

If anyone hasn't watched Monchi's YouTube "master classes" yet you really should. It's one of the reasons I'm buzzing about having him here at Villa.

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

If anyone hasn't watched Monchi's YouTube "master classes" yet you really should. It's one of the reasons I'm buzzing about having him here at Villa.

He does seem very similar to Emery in this obsession over detail and huge amount of time and work he puts into it. Only half way through but they are very interesting. 

With the Roma thing, don't think many will have felt more pain from that than him. He'll be aware that he can't afford to do that again with us. 

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I wouldn't mind betting that as Emery and Monchi are good friends Unai has already been discussing his main targets and asking Monchi to check out best alternatives (strictly off the record between mates just chatting as mates do of course) if top targets can't or don't want to join the Villa Project.

Emery’s also good friends with Alberto Benito  who we signed a month ago they go way back to their time playing together at Toledo and then at Almeria, Arsenal and PSG so I imagine a few targets have been discussed already.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Any native speakers want to translate the rest? I couldn't hear half of what he said, and even if I could I don't think I could work it out. 

Edited by MrBlack
The bit they quoted is apparently him saying he wasn't invited to today's meeting but I didn't even catch that in the clip

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Any native speakers want to translate the rest? I couldn't hear half of what he said, and even if I could I don't think I could work it out. 

Not all of it but the gist is the meeting we saw him turn up to and leave this morning, allegedly about his future, he wasn't actually invited to

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Sounds like they already decided to part ways, can't see him staying now.

Welcome Monchi!

• Thanks 1

Can't beat that straight from the horses mouth then.

Doesn't feel like we are likely to have the same potential issues we had with Alemany here, but I won't be celebrating until its official 

• Like 1

Â