Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Could and probably should have won even without him if we had any composure up front. Him coming on wouldn't have won us the game, and at least we haven't made his injury any worse.

Can't wait to have him back.

• Like 1

What is the point of him being on the bench if he isn't fit. I just don't get it. If he's not able to play a part in the game just leave him out the squad. 

Or unless Emery suddenly thinks Lenglet is better than him which would be utterly bizarre. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

What is the point of him being on the bench if he isn't fit. I just don't get it. If he's not able to play a part in the game just leave him out the squad. 

Or unless Emery suddenly thinks Lenglet is better than him which would be utterly bizarre. 

He has kept not fit players on the bench as part of getting ready but would’ve been shocked if he played today. Fulham a more realistic target. 

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

We've won 1 Prem game without him, can we get him on the pitch.

Mings fraud watch replaced with Pau fraud watch. Going back to god, we have been shite without our best CB. 

I'd have started him and taken him off if we needed too. I'm another that doesn't believe in having half fit players on the bench because you can bring them on and they still break down, and then your bolloxed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

Could he not have had 15 minutes at the end? Surely if he didn’t have 15 minutes in him then why is he even on the bench?

This did cross my mind. Bizarre inclusion. 

7 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Could he not have had 15 minutes at the end? Surely if he didn’t have 15 minutes in him then why is he even on the bench?

Perhaps to make Lenglet lift his game, fearing he may be substituted if he's not performing ?

3 hours ago, Leeroy said:

It's ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Why arent we being told whats goin on with him. Inconceivable to me that he isnt playing if he's fit enough for the bench. Especially as digne got on today

Maybe as to not rush him back and get injured again? 

2 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

The problem is its difficult to come on when we are level as a cb when he has been out so long as we saw against Burnley. Guess he was there as cover in case of injury or he might have got s bit of time if we were well ahead 

Â