Youri Tielemans

thejoker

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep

Stiff competition there 🤣

He’ll be far superior.

yikes, that is not a list i would be shouting from the rooftops, what a list, makes my eyes burn.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep

Stiff competition there 🤣

He’ll be far superior.

Looking at our list of number 8’s over the years, you have to go back fairly far to get a good player… 😬 

Other than Milner, (and to a lesser extent McCann who was ok when he wasn’t injured)… what a shitshow!

Morgan Sanson (21/22 - 22/23), Tom Carroll (18/19), Henri Lansbury (17/18 - 20/21), Aaron Tshibola (16/17), Idrissa Gueye (15/16), Tom Cleverley (14/15), Karim El Ahmadi (12/13 - 14/15), Jermaine Jenas (11/12), Robert Pirès (10/11), James Milner (08/09 - 10/11), Luke Moore (07/08), Gavin McCann (03/04 - 06/07

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Looking at our list of number 8’s over the years, you have to go back fairly far to get a good player… 😬 

Other than Milner, (and to a lesser extent McCann who was ok when he wasn’t injured)… what a shitshow!

Morgan Sanson (21/22 - 22/23), Tom Carroll (18/19), Henri Lansbury (17/18 - 20/21), Aaron Tshibola (16/17), Idrissa Gueye (15/16), Tom Cleverley (14/15), Karim El Ahmadi (12/13 - 14/15), Jermaine Jenas (11/12), Robert Pirès (10/11), James Milner (08/09 - 10/11), Luke Moore (07/08), Gavin McCann (03/04 - 06/07

I thought el-ahmadi was a pretty tidy player in a very poor team who got the odd goal, probably the best of a fairly bad bunch there

• Like 4

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

I thought el-ahmadi was a pretty tidy player in a very poor team who got the odd goal, probably the best of a fairly bad bunch there

Yeah KEA was ok… at least he worked hard, that sort of made up for his lack of ability. But number 8 seems to have been cursed for years. Youri is going to smash it!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Pretty sure Gueye and Milner could kick a ball…

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

How did we go, so quickly, from midfield being the weakest area of our team to the strongest??? 😆

Aah, that’ll be King Unai 👑 

This time 2 years ago we had Luiz Nakamba Hourihane Sanson McGinn and a 19 yr old JJ wasnt it ? For around £46 million

Now its Kamara Luiz JJ Tielemans Dendoncker and McGinn for £  31 million 

wages though gone from say £200k a week to £600k a week. 

Clever acquisitions and academy players have transformed that midfield 

Its not even the quality thats the most impressive . Its the age mix 

2 x 28 year olds then a 26 25 23 and 22 yr old  .  Perfect blend of experience , youth and resale value  . 

• Like 1

Just for perspective our 2018/19 midfield was Adomah, Thor, Connor, Jedinak, landbury, mcginn, Glenn whelan and a very young J Ramsey. It’s almost astonishing that 5/6 years later we have just added on a free tielamens to a midfield of dougie luis, kamara, mcginn, a fully up to speed Jacob Ramsey, dendoncker, buendia and little Phil C. I know Phil and dendoncker might not play many games but still the uplift in quality in that time is amazing for a side that was in the championship 5 years ago.

Edited by punkiller1981
  • Like 1

Â