Europa League Final/FA Cup Final

andykeenan

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's more of a penalty but still not a penalty for me, KDB hasn't got the ball so Fred has the right to try and step across first

Nah Fred din;t have the ball in possession so he has no right at all, he steps across De Bruyne to stop De Bruyne getting the ball and trips him in the process.  It's initially what used to be called obstruction, but with added trip.  Clear penalty.  

Just now, El Segundo said:

Nah Fred din;t have the ball in possession so he has no right at all, he steps across De Bruyne to stop De Bruyne getting the ball and trips him in the process.  It's initially what used to be called obstruction, but with added trip.  Clear penalty.  

Or Fred puts himself in to the line of the ball first and de Bruyne runs in to him...

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

How can they be so bad?

One of the biggest games of the year. You’d expect them to put in a good performance. It’s been shit

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Jermaine Jenas: “The ref’s not going to get all the decisions right, obviously.”

What a damning indictment of the standard of refereeing in this country and the level of acceptance from some of how shit it is.

Could do with having technology to help them out

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or Fred puts himself in to the line of the ball first and de Bruyne runs in to him...

Exactly it's a body check then a trip. Putting yourself "in the line of the ball" doesn't mean it isn't a foul when you do it to block someone else.

Edited by El Segundo

Just now, El Segundo said:

Exactly it's a body check then a trip.

But Fred has stepped in to the line of the ball first 

De Bruyne stops Fred from playing the ball as well as Fred stopping de Bruyne

Its not a stone wall shocker for me, c&b specs on of course I'd want it but I can see why it wasn't given

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

But Fred has stepped in to the line of the ball first 

De Bruyne stops Freat excuse acceptable too - butd from playing the ball as well as Fred stopping de Bruyne

Its not a stone wall shocker for me, c&b specs on of course I'd want it but I can see why it wasn't given

De Bruyne stops Fred playing the ball?  Are you sure we are talking about the same incident?  Stepping into the line of the ball has nothing to do with it if he is not actually playing the balland is in the process  body checking/tripping an opponent. 

I would add though that unfortunately Pundits tend to call that kind of thing "clever play" or "drawing the foul" - both code for cheating - and PGMOL do seem to agree with your interpretation more often than not -  but they are useless **** idiots who are ruining the game.  For me it's a foul all day long.

The standard of refereeing in this country is awful, but to be fair it wasn't much better in the Europa cup final the othe.......hold on I think I need to rethink this point😊

• Haha 1

Â