Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Just now, villa4europe said:

But again... That freak result can only be spurs beating city? 

Sure it's been mentioned before.mate... but they have a bizarrely good record against Man City.

It's even a running joke with Pep.

Anyway, I'm just being a bit fickle and worried.

I previously mentioned before that I just hope we can put out one final monumental effort and turn over Liverpool or at least get a point.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

They might not have the attitude but they're physically spent. 

I don't think it's crazy to predict we won't get another point. 

It’s not. But I do think it’s  pretty crazy to predict we don’t get another point AND Spurs beat City.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

They might not have the attitude but they're physically spent. 

I don't think it's crazy to predict we won't get another point. 

We are not spent. These boys still have another performance in them. No Europe to worry about and manage. We’ve been trying to conserve energy last few games. No need anymore. 2 games with a nice break in between. We just need a point realistically.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

We are not spent. These boys still have another performance in them. No Europe to worry about and manage. We’ve been trying to conserve energy last few games. No need anymore. 2 games with a nice break in between. We just need a point realistically.

Yep…

why are we writing this team off?

We were supposed to be tired before Arsenal and no one expected us to get a result there… what a win!

They deserve more backing and belief… we could see a few players return to help us out too. Tielemans, Zaniolo, Moreno… maybe even Rogers… they can all help us out.

Would love a cameo from little Emi too 😁

Unai will do all he can… 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

I'm guessing it's just how people deal with stuff, it's Catastrophizing, Spurs could finish ahead of us, but as of right now it's highly unlikely and today's result was to be expected and if anything it just reinforces that we will finish fourth.

Fair point.   Maybe we should probably cut the doom mongers a bit of slack. Whatever helps them process what’s going on. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Spurs getting a point against City and battering Sheffield United ( Goal difference + ) is nowhere near as outlandish a scenario as people would want it to be.

We need to do something ourselves FFS.

That logic cuts both ways though: it’s not outlandish either to suggest that we could get at least a point against Liverpool. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

I'm guessing it's just how people deal with stuff, it's Catastrophizing, Spurs could finish ahead of us, but as of right now it's highly unlikely and today's result was to be expected and if anything it just reinforces that we will finish fourth.

Who would actually swap our position for theirs though?

It’s just the regular fear, pessimism and negativity that is ingrained in many of our fans… 

There’s so much to appreciate and enjoy but many prefer to be miserable…

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Even after today’s results spurs are 12 to one. If you fancy it lump on.

For every post today see above

do you believe in the Villa? I do, and the bookies do….but if you don’t make some money

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Spurs getting a point against City and battering Sheffield United ( Goal difference + ) is nowhere near as outlandish a scenario as people would want it to be.

We need to do something ourselves FFS.

Come on mate not you as well! Under Pep have City ever been in this situation with a few games to go to win the league and blew it? 

Them blowing it is not impossible but I think it’s an outlandish prediction personally. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Who would actually swap our position for theirs though?

It’s just the regular fear, pessimism and negativity that is ingrained in many of our fans… 

There’s so much to appreciate and enjoy but many prefer to be miserable…

Unai said to the interviewer the other day that he only wanted to hear positivity.  That's what every fan should give between now and the end of the season, otherwise they probably don't deserve to watch CL football.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

For every post today see above

do you believe in the Villa? I do, and the bookies do….but if you don’t make some money

Anyone taking that bet may as well lump on Arsenal winning the league at 3-1 at the same time. 

**** it may as well got a lottery ticket too.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sure it's been mentioned before.mate... but they have a bizarrely good record against Man City.

I previously mentioned before that I just hope we can put out one final monumental effort and turn over Liverpool or at least get a point.

I think you can only judge it on this manager and set of players. Spurs haven't beaten man city this season... They drew with them in Manchester and were beaten by them in the FA Cup at home.i wouldn't really call that a good record.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We had a fantastic record in the Prem against Brighton and lost. It happens. It really means little when the whistle blows. Try not to worry.

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Unai said to the interviewer the other day that he only wanted to hear positivity.  That's what every fan should give between now and the end of the season, otherwise they probably don't deserve to watch CL football.

King Unai knows best 👑 🙌

he and the players deserve so much praise, admiration and faith!

UTV

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyone taking that bet may as well lump on Arsenal winning the league at 3-1 at the same time. 

The insanity double

• Haha 1

There’s a huge amount of angst on here today. I don’t think that’s at all surprising. I’ve been a Villa fan for years and if bad things are possible, they do usually happen to Villa!!!! With this in mind, I’ve jumped into my Time Machine and travelled forward to next Sunday night. Here’s what happens!

Villa do Villa things and in our true benevolent manner lose both of our remaining games, leaving Spurs in a strongish position. Good old Villa, they never fail to let you down when it really matters!!!

So, over to Spurs. The thing is, the only team in the PL more Villa than Villa, are Spurs. They actually put in a performance of the ages against City, beating them 2-0. Unbelievable!!!!! Unfortunately, Spurs just love to do Spursie things. Simply needing to beat the worst team in the league on the final day, they have three men sent off and lose 2-0. Champions League qualification goes to Villa and to add salt to the massive Spurs wounds, their fantastic defeat of City hands the title to their North London rivals!! It’s a funny old game!

18 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I hope so but I've seen nothing recently to suggest we've got one last proper go.

the lack of a final helps us. No-one subconsciously saving themselves from an injury and little things like that.

I think we'll get a point on Monday, and then Spurs will also get a point v City, so we'll still be fine before the Palace game.