Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Just now, ben1505 said:

You mean 16 points clear?

Well if people think we'll beat Arsenal then it seems a bit counter productive panicking about Man. United or Newcastle having any chance of catching us.

Win tomorrow and we're back massively in the driving seat for 4th although I would be very surprised.

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If Unai can have us challenging 4th he could have them challenging for title in my opinion.  Wouldn’t have believed this until I’ve seen what he’s done with our squad.

I think we have a better squad and deservedly are above them.  Additionally with Unai makes us a top4 team, I really don’t think they are better squad wise than a top 8/10 team.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I dont, one United player gets in our team and probably our squad and thats Bruno

I do rate Dalot and Garnacho tbh 

Edited by villan95

Just now, VillaChris said:

Well if people think we'll beat Arsenal then it seems a bit counter productive panicking about Man. United or Newcastle having any chance of catching us.

Win tomorrow and we're back massively in the driving seat for 4th although I would be very surprised.

Yeah, sorry man… tongue in cheek.. I’d be surprised if we get anything tomorrow but you never know..

Our fans really sound like a bunch of losers on this thread. Should be talking about Spurs and us and how we get top 4. Instead we’re talking about who’s going to catch us. 

Hopefully fan mentality can change one day.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are you watching the Man Utd I’m watching, they are truly awful and giving teams chance after chance, even with the teams you mention in the next three games I can’t see them winning all three and definitely don’t see anywhere near 13 points out of 18.  Game after game they are giving so many chances away and looking so poor.

I think they're decent at home, they've played a lot of games away recently. That's why 4 of their last 6 games are at home. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah, their run in doesn't seem too bad. They also have Burnley, Sheffield and Palace in their next 3 games so should be winning those. 

We do need 2 wins from our remaining games and then a draw. I think 7 points is enough for top 5

7 might be enough for top 4 looking at Spurs fixtures although I think 10 would definitely be enough

11 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

You won't be laughing when they beat us 14-0 nil next week😉

If this happens I will buy a season ticket for Birmingham City once they are in that new 98k capacity stadium. 

I’ll also buy one for CVByrne as well. Might cheer him up a bit. :trollface:

Edited by Tayls

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Our fans really sound like a bunch of losers on this thread. Should be talking about Spurs and us and how we get top 4. Instead we’re talking about who’s going to catch us. 

To be fair it's mainly one person with one of the most incredibly successful trolling campaigns I've seen on here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No. They’re just expressing anxiety. It’s natural and commonplace, too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think we have a better squad and deservedly are above them.  Additionally with Unai makes us a top4 team, I really don’t think they are better squad wise than a top 8/10 team.

Many including yourself said this about our squad until Unai took over.

I used to doubt what a top manager can do until I saw it with my own eyes.

• Like 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

We are pretty much guaranteed at least 5th now. All this irrational bed wetting about being caught by the likes of Man Utd, Newcastle and West Ham is beyond embarrassing.

Well now you’ve gone and done it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

To be fair it's mainly one person with one of the most incredibly successful trolling campaigns I've seen on here.

I can bet you we lose 2-1 tomorrow (with a decent performance) and this thread will be getting spammed with "one win in six", "why can't we be as good as Arsenal" "When is Cash back (even though many slaughter him when he plays)" "Newcastle will finish above us...."

Point that will be lost in all of that is we'd have actually finished the weekend in a better position than we entered it and that surely is the key for the next few weeks, build a decent points buffer over Spurs again and see how they react in some very tough games for them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We are pretty much guaranteed at least 5th now. All this irrational bed wetting about being caught by the likes of Man Utd, Newcastle and West Ham is beyond embarrassing.

How can bed wetting be either rational or irrational?

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1