Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bournemouth mathematically ruled out today - still everyone down to Wolves with some sort of chance of catching us.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

No one ruled out today - still everyone down to Bournemouth in with a (mathematical) chance of catching us.

You Ok OBE? 

Newcastle have four of their last 6 away from home.. their firm there isn’t as good as their home form…

We get 6 more points then both United or Newcastle have to win every game pretty much…

We just need to get 6 more points..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

They'll get 3 for sure, they're home to Burnley and Sheffield United, away to Palace in their next 3 games. Then they have Arsenal, Newcastle and Brighton. I think they'll get 4 wins from the remaining games and maybe a draw and a loss. So 13 points. Which means we need a win to be clear of them on GD most likely. 

I can't see United beating Palace. I have a feeling they'll finish 8th.

Just now, CVByrne said:

They'll get 3 for sure, they're home to Burnley and Sheffield United, away to Palace in their next 3 games. Then they have Arsenal, Newcastle and Brighton. I think they'll get 4 wins from the remaining games and maybe a draw and a loss. So 13 points. Which means we need a win to be clear of them on GD most likely. 

It's really down to next weeks European fixtures. WE need Liverpool and West Ham to get some points at least while going out. 

You genuinely deep down don't think we're capable of 3 more points in the run in. We've just collected 4 points from the last 3 games even if Brentford felt like a loss.

I always say this to people, if you really believe these doomsday predictions will come true then go into a bookies tomorrow and ask for odds of us scoring two or fewer points from the remaining six games. Considering some of the opposition we have left you'd make a killing with the odds if you stuck a tenner on it and it actually happened.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

You Ok OBE? 

It's all a bit too much for me. There was a first one that correctly included Bournemouth but I looked at the table for too long and confused myself.

• Haha 2

Just now, ben1505 said:

Newcastle have four of their last 6 away from home.. their firm there isn’t as good as their home form…

We get 6 more points then both United or Newcastle have to win every game pretty much…

We just need to get 6 more points..

I can see Newcastle Palace being a nailed on 1-1. Man. United will probably troll their entire fanbase and beat Newcastle 3-0 at Old Trafford just when top 4/5 dosen't matter.

Newcastle drop just five points in the run in and they can only finish on 63 points which gives an indication of how remote it is they finish above us.

Actually next weekend we have the chance of going 13 points clear of both as their game is off with the FA cup so let's not mess it up.

Just seen that there is almost nothing between us and Spurs. Both played 60, won 18, drawn 6, lost 8. Both conceded 49 goals. 

Only thing that separates us is we’ve scored 66 and they’ve scored 65. Couldn’t be much closer. I really hope our GD doesn’t take a thumping tomorrow.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Do we have a good record v Bournemouth?

We beat them in our relegation season. Thats a good record for me 😂

Edited by Zatman

12 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

FFS United up to 50 pts.

It's over guys.

They've got 5 points in their last 6 games but they are defo getting 18 points in their next 6.

6th is over. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's really down to next weeks European fixtures. WE need Liverpool and West Ham to get some points at least while going out. 

Genuine question. Do you watch football ? United have 6 points from their last 6 games but are going to get 13 from the next 6 ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Are you watching the Man Utd I’m watching, they are truly awful and giving teams chance after chance, even with the teams you mention in the next three games I can’t see them winning all three and definitely don’t see anywhere near 13 points out of 18.  Game after game they are giving so many chances away and looking so poor.

Whilst we are seemingly going to finish top 5… I do think there is a small, legitimate concern with Newcastle now. Because they are in decent form and seem to be steam rolling over sides again like they were doing last season. They are facing all bottom half sides for the remainder of their games. Cast your mind back to how embarrassing we were against Tottenham at home and look what Newcastle have managed to do to them today. 

I officially concede regarding Man U. They aren’t catching us. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I can see Newcastle Palace being a nailed on 1-1. Man. United will probably troll their entire fanbase and beat Newcastle 3-0 at Old Trafford just when top 4/5 dosen't matter.

Newcastle drop just five points in the run in and they can only finish on 63 points which gives an indication of how remote it is they finish above us.

Actually next weekend we have the chance of going 13 points clear of both as their game is off with the FA cup so let's not mess it up.

You mean 16 points clear?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d be more worried about Newcastle catching us than Utd. 

Yeah, their run in doesn't seem too bad. They also have Burnley, Sheffield and Palace in their next 3 games so should be winning those. 

We do need 2 wins from our remaining games and then a draw. I think 7 points is enough for top 5.

Spurs will get between 8 and 10 points. They've 2 easy wins end of season against relegated Burnley and Sheffield United. Then could get a couple of draws or a win and draw from their 4 tough games. 

Edited by CVByrne

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I personally think United have very good players. Just a clueless manager and coaching staff.  Nearly most our team was wrote off at some point in the past. Imagine what Unai could do with Uniteds squad.

I dont, one United player gets in our team and probably our squad and thats Bruno