Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

26 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

It's because Sancho is on loan from United. 

But OMG everybody in the meeeedia HATES Villa. 

It is true. The media have not once championed the narrative about our rise from championship to european contenders - they don't want Villa to be above their London and North West favs.

Edited by Villa_Vids

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was just about to post something similar. 

The ironic thing is a lot of fans don’t believe in Villa. Why should the media ?

It is different. All of us fans have doubts because we care passionately and sometimes frustration comes to the fore. The media wants a super league within the Premier League - it is very very clear. Look at Sky - it is Liverpool/MUFC TV.

1 hour ago, Condimentalist said:

It's because Sancho is on loan from United. 

But OMG everybody in the meeeedia HATES Villa. 

So a whole article about it yet no mention in there that that is not the only reason that Man Utd might not get Champions League.  The biggest reason is Spurs and Villa taking that spot because of the league position.  If you don’t think this is something then I don’t know what to tell you.  I never said they ‘hates’ Villa but the obvious bias is front and centre.

Let’s just get champions league and worry about the media afterwards. They are willing Utd to get 5th. We just need to prove them wrong and get 4th/5th

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Let’s just get champions league and worry about the media afterwards. They are willing Utd to get 5th. We just need to prove them wrong and get 4th/5th

What if the refs start willing it?

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

It is true. The media have not once championed the narrative about our rise from championship to european contenders - they don't want Villa to be above their London and North West favs.

Being a journalist is a job, they have to write things people will click on. Man Utd have probably 20x as many online "fans" as we do. That's just the sad reality. I don't think your average sports journo cares too much where Man Utd finish, but they will definitely spend a lot more time reporting on them because that's what generates clicks.

I think we've done well to go under the radar, tbh. The lack of focus on our performances has probably helped us. Let them wank over Big Ange Mate.

• Like 1

The article ignores us and Spurs because it's mocking Man U for being in situation where a player they spent millions on and is costing them 100'a of 1000's a week still could stop them getting into Europe.It's not a slight on us or Spurs 

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Being a journalist is a job, they have to write things people will click on. Man Utd have probably 20x as many online "fans" as we do. That's just the sad reality. I don't think your average sports journo cares too much where Man Utd finish, but they will definitely spend a lot more time reporting on them because that's what generates clicks.

I think we've done well to go under the radar, tbh. The lack of focus on our performances has probably helped us. Let them wank over Big Ange Mate.

What you have wrote has merit but there is defo a concerted lack of respect and coverage for Villa, especially in comparison to Newcastle last season. Multiple cheap digs too - "purple patch" "in-form" just to name a few. Ignorance of our major injury crisis. 50 seconds of air time on MOTD or Sky because they want to cry more about Manchester Utd for 30 minutes.  Too many a'hole creeps in the industry, the best ones are the ones that report with facts and offer alternative opinions.

It hurts more when the local journalist and personalities are towing the big media line, get behind your local clubs and report the truth ffs 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Villa_Vids

If it's anything like the bias on FC24/Fifa 24. Everytime I play Man Utd they get all the referee decisions and I even had Rashford two foot tackle my defender, and nothing! I know it's a game, but it's funny how realistic the game is to real life! Media are obsessed with them. Let them. Means we go under the radar more. Also more laughing opportunities for us 😄

• Haha 3

I actually think we got more exposure than I would have liked. Would have preferred to stay under the radar and sneak champs league. All the praise we got all season will just hurt even more if we don’t make top 5. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

It will be unbearable if we Man United and/or Spurs finish ahead of us. 

Nah I sort of expect Spurs to get 4th. Being overtaken by United when had a 11 point lead over them will be hard to stomach though. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah I sort of expect Spurs to get 4th. Being overtaken by United when had an 11 point lead over them will be hard to stomach though. 

Yup I can take Spurs as they deserve it as much as us. United would be a killer. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Yup I can take Spurs as they deserve it as much as us. United would be a killer. 

Yeah it would be heartbreaking. They’ve scored less goals than Luton ffs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabby said:

The article ignores us and Spurs because it's mocking Man U for being in situation where a player they spent millions on and is costing them 100'a of 1000's a week still could stop them getting into Europe.It's not a slight on us or Spurs 

But it couldn't stop them from getting into CL because they can't get into the CL regardless of 5th place qualifying or not. It's irrelevant. They are irrelevant.