Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Irrelevant tbh. Man United have momentum and have players who can step up when it matters. Our lot don’t have the bottle. 

This is one of the poorest Manure sides on paper in a long time as well.

If we can't finish above them this season we never will.

• Like 1

Just now, Farlz said:

Our season crumbling away in front of our eyes. 

So disappointing we’ve lost that. 

The thing was, deep down we knew it was always going to happen. We hoped maybe this was different. Reality came along though

Just now, CVByrne said:

I'll quote you as we go. As we drop away completely. 

I'm sure you'll be very pleased if that does indeed happen.

Regardless of what actually happens though, it's still in our hands, hence why the "today was the final nail in the coffin" was so hilarious.

Just now, Farlz said:

Our season crumbling away in front of our eyes. 

So disappointing we’ve lost that. 

Are we gonna give up then?

What a loser and stinky attitude.

I'd rather keep fighting and keep showing aggressive support to the boys and Unai.

Emery will sort it out. We didn't play badly btw

• Like 3

Just now, AshVilla said:

And we never will. 

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

When we look back, we'll remember, the first was the 3-2 loss from 2-0 up, knew that was a blow and it put us in poor form. Then their win today was the nail in coffin. We'll look back in May and see it all unraveled from those games.

**** footballl

On non-match days you generally post sensible stuff, but when we lose you properly lose your head. My belief has taken a bit of a pounding, can't lie, but we're well in the mix

Get some fresh air, relax, and wobble that head mate :D 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I suggest you go and look at the stats and highlights of the match 

You're always trying to bang this drum.

We actually did play well, fine margins, multiple times we were centimetres away from a touch and goal.

I'll bet you you will even find Man U fans who believe we played well and that they had some luck.

Even the commentators carry the same sentiment.

It's also possible to play shit and win a game... Or if you play shit but win... Does it automatically make it a good performance? 🤦🏿‍♂️

Ok fine.. good stats. So how many points does that give us then now the game has finished? 

Just now, Mantis said:

I'm sure you'll be very pleased if that does indeed happen.

Regardless of what actually happens though, it's still in our hands, hence why the "today was the final nail in the coffin" was so hilarious.

It is, but all it takes is a bad two game run and a two game winning run by United (they’ve just won 4 in a row right?) and they’ve ahead of us again and its no longer in our hands 

the psychology of losing tonight is seriously awful 

Just now, AshVilla said:

They're just a moments team. Caused us issues from set pieces first half but in general play they were poor like they've been most of the season.

McTominay sums them up so well. He is a long way from a technically excellent midfielder but in scrappy games he does gamble and get on the end of things (it was a fantastic header) and that wins them tight games like today and earlier in the season.

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

It's always half a good season with this club, we always fall away in the second half of the season, it's in our DNA.

Yep. Or we're total shit and finish with a flourish like 97-98, 03-04, 06-07, 10-11, 2018-19, 2019-20.

Next game key.

For me, win and we finish in the top 5, lose and who knows.

I have to say we played well today, we are a better team than Ure, and with a bit more confidence, them passes, shots and touches are perfect. Much better performance than Wens.

Onwards and upwards

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

It is, but all it takes is a bad two game run and a two game winning run by United (they’ve just won 4 in a row right?) and they’ve ahead of us again and its no longer in our hands 

the psychology of losing tonight is seriously awful 

What's your point? It's still in our hands as things stand, and we've shown that we can also go on a winning run.

Just now, Tayls said:

Ok fine.. good stats. So how many points does that give us then now the game has finished? 

On the bright side mate, we're very unlikely to go down with 46 points ;) 

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Ok let's not bother qualifying because of Newcastle's experience. Never mind all the sky 6 experience as a collective over 20 odd years. 

Really? 

The big six experience can’t be repeated unfortunately. When the Premier League became a global commodity they were the 6 teams that locked in the rewards. There were teams in Italy and Spain also making the Champions League but it doesn’t matter. It’s nothing to do with the U.K. TV channel Sky either. It’s about the Premier League being a world wide event end those 6 teams are the face of it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pinebro said:

Are we gonna give up then?

What a loser and stinky attitude.

I'd rather keep fighting and keep showing aggressive support to the boys and Unai.

Emery will sort it out. We didn't play badly btw

I kept positive up to this point during the bad run. Felt tonight we just had to avoid defeat. If they could manage that then we could do it.

They failed. So the CL chance as gone now. Clinging on just extends the pain and misery as each defeat and draw slides us down

Just now, Mantis said:

What's your point? It's still in our hands as things stand, and we've shown that we can also go on a winning run.

That’s true, but hand on heart do we look like doing it at the moment? 

• Like 1

Just now, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

We have Fulham and Forest left this month, win this and we go into March at worst still 5 points clear in 5th with a a gulf in goal difference (to Utd) - still in our hands.  Lots of points to be won or lost yet.

Aren't Man. United playing Man. City away soon? We need Man. City to win that 3 or 4 nil and then beat whoever we're playing on same weekend (please don't tell me that's Spurs at home).

Things can change quickly again but feels like after losing that we'll go into a mass panic and completely mess up the Fulham game now.