Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

No the one before it. I imagine their fans are currently having a meltdown on their forums as we speak. 

Well in the last 19 games we have more points, scored more goals and conceded less than the mighty Spurs who you hold in such high regard

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Perhaps the lovers of melodrama, "our back up players are wank" and "the fans need a boost" types, will see tonight's results and accept most teams are inconsistent, have disparity in quality when players are out and need to calm the **** down.

Tell me about it! Some people are rediculous. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tayls said:

Doing better over the past 1 games though. 

Did you miss the second half v Everton? They were abysmal then and lucky not to concede a few goals and Brighton just carried that on tonight with a dominant first hour.

For all his rashness Romero holds things together with his recovery pace so he's a huge miss for them the next month especially with some of the strikers they'll be playing.

20 minutes ago, picicata said:

They'll remain a little too inconsistent to bother the top 5

Antonio getting the long term injury was good news for them as you get the feeling Moyes would've been stubborn and continue playing him.

That forced him to put Kudus in and him and Bowen as front two with Pacqueta and a solid midfield behind is a pretty good proposition tbh and can certainly hurt teams on the counter.

Great win for them tonight.

14 minutes ago, picicata said:

I think it was the manner of the loss that was upsetting. Two goals up at half time and you lose feels like turd no matter what

Yeh can’t argue with that. It did hurt a lot.

I even gave up football.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Antonio getting the long term injury was good news for them as you get the feeling Moyes would've been stubborn and continue playing him.

That forced him to put Kudus in and him and Bowen as front two with Pacqueta and a solid midfield behind is a pretty good proposition tbh and can certainly hurt teams on the counter.

Great win for them tonight.

Apparently Kudus off to Afcon and Paqueta injured tonight which is good news if they’re starting to hit their stride. 

• Like 1