Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Me every time I come into this thread expecting to understand wtf is going on with this tournament:

latest?cb=20120916184143

I feel you. I come to this thread mostly to thank our VTs with the intelligence and generosity of time to figure this Europa Conference shit out for me. 

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

We're going to draw last year's finalists aren't we? 😅

Isn’t it entirely likely that a couple of teams on the unseeded side will become seeded  before the draw is finally made?  Anybody with an asterisk by their name still has at least one more round to play, some of them have two. As I understand it if any on the seeded side lose in Q2 or Q3 then Fiorentina will come over.  

I think the draw logic is now the same as it's always been in this competition. We can beat any of them. We can have any of these teams whether two legs or one. We have a manager who is built for this. Let's win the word removed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Beskitas is the one to avoid from the unseeded lot.

Likes of Twente and Osasuna would be tricky but we'd surely have too much over them and the others over two legs.

Would want to avoid Fiorentina too

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Isn’t it entirely likely that a couple of teams on the unseeded side will become seeded  before the draw is finally made?  Anybody with an asterisk by their name still has at least one more round to play, some of them have two. As I understand it if any on the seeded side lose in Q2 or Q3 then Fiorentina will come over.  

Ah good point. Hopefully 1 of them loses and we can avoid Fiorentina too.

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

Q3 is irrelevant, the draw would be before they play that. So two non seeded teams could play each other. The seeding will be finalized after Q2. 
But they will mostly do groups and the draw games by it. I doubt they’ll put Fiorentina or even Osasuna with Villa. That’s if they weren’t all seeded this week.