Match Thread: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Just now, troon_villan said:

Defenders look as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs

Not sure it’s nerves, they’ve being exposed because they’re getting in behind our midfield. As soon as they’re through Kamara and Luiz, they have runners in behind all over the pitch. 

I can’t see us keeping them out in the second half, we’ll need another goal at least. We need to either defend deeper or stop pressing high and allowing them to run at our back 4.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Brighton should have been 3-2 up here

Nope. Maybe 2-2 but it's been fairly even. Both sides look dangerous going forward but wobbly at the back. The side that shores up defensively will win this.

1 minute ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Brighton do realise by trying to win a game that makes no difference to them, they’re denying the world a chance to enjoy Spurs missing out on Europe?

There is no lowering standards in competitive sport.

Brighton won't not try to win the game nor should they.

• Like 1

Disappointing that Brighton are being so arsey, it is making it a fairly grim watch. 

That and the fact our defence is having an off day.

Let’s hope DL, McGinn & Ramsey can see us through. They have been excellent so far.

Edited by briny_ear

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Nope. Maybe 2-2 but it's been fairly even. Both sides look dangerous going forward but wobbly at the back. The side that shores up defensively will win this.

I do feel we've had to do a lot more to create those chances.

Brighton has just gone route 1 and they're through.

1 minute ago, ozvillafan said:

Brighton always this sooky? MacAllister and Gross - settle down.

I'm thinking it's their last game before big moves so don't want to leave with it being a defeat. Mac Allister nailed on to Plop