Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

And I've also said it before and was widely laughed at. I've never felt more disassociated with this club than I have now. Everything we stand to believe in is being eroded and people can't see it. Pray the Don doesn't leave us 

Some of us can mate.

Just now, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

But this would not expose allegations of misleading fans and the FA or giving contracts to friends.  It would only focus on things like unfair dismissals, discrcimination etc.

If any company was suddenly hit with a swathe of legal cases covering unfair dismissals, discrimination / bullying in the workplace, etc - then believe me there would soon be all sorts of people swarming the way that other parts of the business are being run.

32 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Hopefully there’s enough to prove he’s broken his employment contract and he can then be fired without being paid out. 

In the UK there's no employment tribunal recourse, unless in case of discrimination based on a protected characteristic, unless you've been employed for two years. He can't bring an employment case against us if given the tin tack. 

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The vast majority of people who are mistreated by their employer just leave and find another job somewhere else. They don't go down the legal route for loads of really obvious reasons. And as mentioned in the letter employees would expect HR and the internal procedures to be followed, when your own HR department aren't doing anything to protect you its easier to just walk away. 

It seems an extremely sensible approach to me. Now the fans will kick up a fuss and start asking questions which will get the media involved. The letter also can't be traced back to anyone in particular.

Hopefully they succeed in unionising, that sounds like what's needed here.

But the internal procedures are all based on UK / EU employment law which is really precise in terms of what companies can and cannot do.  The letter alleges that people (in relatively high positions) have been unfairly dismissed or sacked over mental health issues - which are illegal and (usually) quite easy to prove (as you have to demonstrate that every step of the HR procedures has been followed to the absolute letter otherwise the company loses its case immediately).  That is the way that those things should taken.

The impact of 3 or 4 people winning unfair dismissal cases is significantly more impactful on instigating a widespread investigation into the way the company is being run than posting something on Twitter.

I'm not in a position to comment either way on whether the allegations ar true, partially true or just the ramblings of a disaffected person who may or may not happen to work for Villa.  On the one hand there is the "no smoke without fire" argument and on the other there's the fact that there is no burden of proof in place for an anonymous post by an anonymous user on social media.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

One of the earliest absolute necessity of a lessons anyone needs to learn upon entering the workplace; HR are there to protect the company, not you.

This is so crucial to understand, HR serve as a barrier to protect the company from legal action. 

As has been said before, if things weren't good on the pitch, there would be serious ill feeling towards the hierarchy at villa. This letter really is the icing on the cake.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Absolutely no **** surprise.

Stop attending the meetings supporters clubs. This man is a cretin.

Why would we do that at present? How do you ask the questions if you forgo your representation. It’s  quite clear that this isn’t what the staff want from the letter, in fact they are also trying to protect the Supporters Trust representatives position on the FAB whilst also wanting to ask the FAB members to ask specific questions. Attending the FAB doesn’t somehow endorse Heck it puts us in a position to be able to question club over him.

We all knew the club (Heck) broke the rules over the new crest and that was already an ongoing issue but without the FAB how would we oppose that?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

You are forgetting that many of the clubs staff are also fans, are in their dream job and really don’t want to lose that job.

Going down the employment law route wouldn't fix the problem and they’d no longer have the job working for the club they love

There is absolutely nothing random about this approach.

Hadn't considered that, but it's a valid point. Although, airing your dirty laundry in public isn't exactly a way to treat the club you love.

I think there's more about this that smacks of disgruntled employee/ex than someone still there hoping for change without suing the club.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

One of the earliest absolute necessity of a lessons anyone needs to learn upon entering the workplace; HR are there to protect the company, not you.

The sooner the better

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Hadn't considered that, but it's a valid point. Although, airing your dirty laundry in public isn't exactly a way to treat the club you love.

I think there's more about this that smacks of disgruntled employee/ex than someone still there hoping for change without suing the club.

It’s not one employee, absolutely guaranteed. It's many. Lots of fans know staff members, there have been mutterings for months and all from different directions

Turn that first sentence around, this also isn’t the way you’d be expected to be treated by the club you love

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its not a good look for the club whether these allegations are true or not

Though i do find the mental image of a respected executive constantly using the term c********r as if he is 12 years old and just discovered the word 😂

Maybe he's a Deadwood fan?

Mods, please remove vid if in breach with site rules

• Like 1

It certainly seems that the performances on the field are being used to mask the increasing, awfulness of the clubs behind the scenes operations, the stuff the fans can see and are affected by, and stuff like this that has been leaked, if true.

If the performances on the pitch worsen you can only imagine its all going to kick off isn't it. 

Owners need to get involved here where there are genuine questions over the performances of the executive team they appointed. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Whether any of this true or not, it’s just negative news and something doesn’t feel right off the field.  I can’t put my finger on what it is but just seems to be a disconnect.  

• Like 1

Â