Chris Heck - President of Business Operations

sne

I have no idea, of whats going on....with all the factors to contend, unless we are aware of them, its just hot air of speculation.

For me....I will just wait for events to unfold, before I cast judgment.

I have no idea who is the real deal, Purslow or Heck, but its pretty clear their views, were poles apart, and they had the info/detail, to consider.

The cynic in me says..................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sounds like Heck is part of the Tories with his bullshit. Increase the capacity of the ground and refurb the facilities, will guarantee an increase in attendances no doubt. It's investment too, you have to make investments an update stadia, we will end up being left behind if we are not careful. 

Success on the pitch is forth coming, it's silly and unprofessional to worry about these ghost 200 odd unsold seats.

3 hours ago, ejs1111 said:

where can I get a job like Heck?  Get paid millions to make shite decisions like this.  Its the new weatherman gig

Its easy, just write to the Philadelphia 76ers and tell them who you are and why you will make more money for them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 things I like about Heck. A. He got rid of the shitty Chelsea rip off badge and B. He hasnt sacked Emery to hire his incompetent mate 

*though I will retract this if we hire Bob Bradley or Jurgen Klinsmann*😝

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Zatman said:

2 things I like about Heck. A. He got rid of the shitty Chelsea rip off badge and B. He hasnt sacked Emery to hire his incompetent mate 

*though I will retract this if we hire Bob Bradley or Jurgen Klinsmann*😝

For once, I'm inclined to agree...

There was an interview with Chelsea players on TV recently and I really did a double-take as the new Villa badge and theirs are so similar at first glance.

It made me realise Villa need to change it again.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

For once, I'm inclined to agree...

There was an interview with Chelsea players on TV recently and I really did a double-take as the new Villa badge and theirs are so similar at first glance.

It made me realise Villa need to change it again.

For once......i am so disappointed😝

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Sounds like Heck is part of the Tories with his bullshit. Increase the capacity of the ground and refurb the facilities, will guarantee an increase in attendances no doubt. It's investment too, you have to make investments an update stadia, we will end up being left behind if we are not careful. 

Success on the pitch is forth coming, it's silly and unprofessional to worry about these ghost 200 odd unsold seats.

We have already been left behind, this was just to close the gap. Again I would like the evidence to show why they have changed their minds, rather than a soundbite in an interview. The communication has been dreadful since he has started. Both the club crest launch and stadium have been labeled as 'paused' only for then they unofficially bin it off. I thank people for their time and effort in attending these meetings but what is really the point it isn;t really an advisory board meeting,, just  a pr exercise. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wishywashy said:

He was sacked from New York Red Bulls after 2 years, seemingly after making a large number of people pretty miffed at him, ranging from fans to Thierry Henry.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Daily/Issues/2012/08/03/People-and-Pop-Culture/Red-Bulls.aspx

Find it quite curious that some of the problems the FAB are having with him are cited as reasons for his departure from NY Red Bulls: the phrase 'continued disconnect with the fanbase' sticks out like a sore thumb...

Blaming Heck for RBNY disconnecting with their fans and being listless?

Bwahahaha that ship sailed looooong before his arrival, his departure. and continues apace to this day. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wishywashy said:

He was sacked from New York Red Bulls after 2 years, seemingly after making a large number of people pretty miffed at him, ranging from fans to Thierry Henry.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Daily/Issues/2012/08/03/People-and-Pop-Culture/Red-Bulls.aspx

Find it quite curious that some of the problems the FAB are having with him are cited as reasons for his departure from NY Red Bulls: the phrase 'continued disconnect with the fanbase' sticks out like a sore thumb...

Talk about repeating the past. Looks like we’ve definitely appointed a turd here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, est1874 said:

Unai Emery has been fired from a former post too. What's your point?

If you read up on why Heck got fired you can see plenty or red flags.

An exec making strategic decisions about a club's future and infrastructure is different from a team manager running the playing staff but you know that anyway. 

13 hours ago, wishywashy said:

This basically confirms my worst fears about this bloke and his agenda. Just bulldozing thru what’s in his mind at a detriment to Villa fans, and at a benefit to his 2 year bonus before he moves on to the next project at a different sports club.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, ender4 said:

This basically confirms my worst fears about this bloke and his agenda. Just bulldozing thru what’s in his mind at a detriment to Villa fans, and at a benefit to his 2 year bonus before he moves on to the next project at a different sports club.

The NY Red Bulls stint was prior to the Philadelphia 76ers stint, where he spent 9 years, led a wildly successful rebrand and oversaw turning a nothing franchise into one of the most popular in the league. 

• Like 1

He u-turned on a crest voted on by fans

He put corporate in the holte and was very stubborn (to use your word) about the reaction.

He announced we aren't getting the swanky, shiny new stand we were eagerly anticipating.

The signs, so far, aren't great and I am not sure Irish Catholics are quite so stubborn  that you can make a sweeping statement about them.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

Â