Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The away kit will be whote i predict 

Its usually white black or light blue. Give us something different please

Silver or navy would be great

Yeah, or a super crazy colour, I’d like an off the wall away kit one year. Like a yellow or orange or something a bit mad 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I really liked the navy third (?) kit of a couple of seasons ago but it didn’t go down well with most.

That navy one was one of my favourite ever away kits. I love it. I wear it all the time. Even my mates non villa fans have said its a really lovely one

47 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I don’t mind a white or black away, I just don’t like the light blue. 

But how many white can we have? Every 2 years its a white one. One we havent had in a  while is yellow

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Last years home kit was announced on 8th July… we’ve got ages to wait 🥱 

We got a leak before then that was accurate though. Can't remember how long before it was. 

Just checked,  @NurembergVillan had them on the 1st June.

The fact we've not had any legit looking leaks suggests to me they're further behind than they were last season? Or maybe we've just got a tighter supply line. Maybe the badge change added an extra layer of "delay"

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

This is the most likely answer, TBH.

Ordinarily, a brand would want all that stuff signed and sealed about 8 months before ours was.

Where you obviously know timescales etc with kits when it comes to changes of manufacturer/badge/sponsor due to your knowledge in the biz, are we generally pretty slow with these things or is this fairly normal and we’re just being impatient? It just always seems like our kits are one of the last to be released every single year.

Edited by Woody1000
Grammar

21 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

There's a difference between "released" and "revealed".

Most kits for clubs of our status are "released" around the same time. We tend to only reveal ours shortly before it's released, though, whereas some other teams will reveal the kits earlier.

That said, we've changed manufacturer a lot, sponsor a lot, and now the club badge. None of that helps in the timeline of getting the kit designed, developed, signed off and produced.

Obviously, the mega clubs take priority for the mega brands because that's where the cash is at. I'd be surprised if we sold 10% the number of shirts compared to Man Utd for example.

There are some instances where it's likely a brand issue as to why we seem to be "late", but we certainly don't make it easy for them.

10%? I'd be surprised if we sold a tenth of 1% of our shirts compared to Man United  Shocked in fact.

In Malaysia I see 10 to 20 MU/Liverpool shirts a day. Never ever seen a Villa one. Not worn by a local anyway. And I could say the same for most of the 100+ countries I've visited. 

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The away kit will be whote i predict 

Its usually white black or light blue. Give us something different please

Silver or navy would be great

Our away kit seems to rotate between white, black and something "out there"

39 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

I wonder will they being doing something special to mark the 150 year anniversary 

I've been wondering that myself.  Maybe they'll come out with a commemorative third kit in the new year? 

11 hours ago, gaffer85 said:

I wonder will they being doing something special to mark the 150 year anniversary 

They'll release the kit 150 years later than any other club? 

• Haha 4

From every time it's been raised at supporters meetings, I'd have to say that the reason the club always suggest on why our kits are released when they are is that they want to release them on the dates that they do - they don't see a delay, they don't see it as late, they're happy with the dates - this is what they want, it's plan A. They are repeatedly told at supporters meetings that fans hate this schedule and want a shirt they can wear on their holidays or at least buy well in advance of the start of the season!

The man who tells us that has moved on, so rest assured we'll be badgering the new man about it to see if he has any better ideas.

We're living in Heck's world now - perhaps some things will be different.

• Like 2

Last trip to Minnesota was in mid-July and we played in our new home strip. In fact, we released the away kit at a fan event while over here.

Looking at our PL Summer Series schedule, we have no reason to wear anything other than our home strip in America. We are the “away” team for matches against Newcastle and Fulham, and the “home” team against Brentford.

That being said, I would expect us to wear the away strip at least once, if only to drive sales.