Weekends Football 6/7 May

andykeenan

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

It's been consistently a penalty this season, but that kind of thing being a penalty still doesn't sit right with me.

The forward isn't in control of the ball and just throws himself in the way of a player trying to play the ball. The defender can't see him, is just trying to clear the ball, and a leg gets thrown in his path a split second before. What's he meant to do? It's bollocks.

And another one. Two pathetic penalties in this match. What is this sport?

• Like 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

Lavia kicks the guys foot as its coming down  then flings his foot away to fall over. 

Exactly why diving is still happening.

And VAR’s directive is that any contact means it cannot be overturned. Even if the contact is from the attacker on the  defender. 

that alongside diving never being punished is totally ruining football 

well that alongside not knowing what handball is as well 

• Like 1

Just now, fightoffyour said:

The Forest pen is always a pen.  Defender literally boots Johnson.

But that one shouldn't be a penalty at all.

• Like 1

Just now, fightoffyour said:

The first one was at least a legitimate foul. Even if it was somewhat manufactured and the ball was in no way going anywhere near an opponent or a goal. By the laws of the game it's a penalty.

The last one wasn't a foul, so the ref shouldn't give it. The fact VAR can't overturn it is a flaw in the rules of VAR.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

The Forest pen is always a pen.  Defender literally boots Johnson.

I'd like to see the rules changed for that kind of thing being an indirect free kick. There's no intent, he's just trying to clear the ball and the opponent sneaks his leg in at the last second. Johnson's never getting that ball, the Southampton player is essentially in possession, and don't think he even sees that Johnson's about to try and get in the way. It's a penalty this season, we've seen it a lot, but I don't think it should be.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd like to see the rules changed for that kind of thing being an indirect free kick. There's no intent, he's just trying to clear the ball and the opponent sneaks his leg in at the last second. Johnson's never getting that ball, the Southampton player is essentially in possession, and don't think he even sees that Johnson's about to try and get in the way. It's a penalty this season, we've seen it a lot, but I don't think it should be.

I reckon most penalties aren't players intending to kick their opponent, but they do.  It's the same thing - just a defensive player lacking awareness and getting punished for being too slow.

Johnson will get that ball ahead of the defender btw, he's ahead of Maitland-Niles who has stumbled and gone to clear.  Let's say Maitland-Niles doesn't kick Johnson, Johnson essentially has the block and beats him to it.

Edited by bobzy

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Where's the dickhead finding these extra minutes 

I blame Fifa, they started this shit at the the World Cup adding 10 minutes to every game 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

And VAR’s directive is that any contact means it cannot be overturned. Even if the contact is from the attacker on the  defender.

If that's the case, Watkins or whoever should be directed to just run full pelt into a defender trying to clear the ball. Easy pens

• Like 1

Â