The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

17 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Both of these were bought under a different recruitment policy

I dunno, that old model professional who turns up during training every day and shows the rest what it's all about and keeping them grounded while no doubt also doing his badges and chipping away at the coaching 

Good signing for most squads, bit like us with Ashley Young, I think you need that pro in there

• Like 3

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno, that old model professional who turns up during training every day and shows the rest what it's all about and keeping them grounded while no doubt also doing his badges and chipping away at the coaching 

Good signing for most squads, bit like us with Ashley Young, I think you need that pro in there

Oh I'm not saying its a bad signing, quite the opposite. Just they are lauded for their unearthing of unknown gems recently. 

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Mac Allister isn't a £70m player, Liverpool would be mad to spend that amount on him, has to be BS reporting.

Guess they're looking at him as a Henderson replacement and he did well for Argentina in that role. Liverpool need a DM much more though with Fabiano's decline unless they sign Caciedo aswell.

10 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Mac Allister isn't a £70m player, Liverpool would be mad to spend that amount on him, has to be BS reporting.

He’s probably not, but PL tax and his contract is to 2025 with Brighton having an option to extend to 2026. And given they got near £60m for Cucurella, if anybody wants these Brighton players, they’ll have to overpay.

Liverpool might feel they need a big signing to placate their fans after missing out on Bellingham.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Whatever he's actually worth he'll cost a lot. World cup winner probably adds £15 mill.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

He’s probably not, but PL tax and his contract is to 2025 with Brighton having an option to extend to 2026. And given they got near £60m for Cucurella, if anybody wants these Brighton players, they’ll have to overpay.

Liverpool might feel they need a big signing to placate their fans after missing out on Bellingham.

They've quietly been linked to Ramsey a few times and surprisingly their social media and message boards used to speak highly of him

To me Liverpool need a new midfield not just one top midfielder, they need to shop smarter than macallister or Ramsey for £50m+

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They've quietly been linked to Ramsey a few times and surprisingly their social media and message boards used to speak highly of him

To me Liverpool need a new midfield not just one top midfielder, they need to shop smarter than macallister or Ramsey for £50m+

They need two quality 8s and a new 6. Can’t see them going for all three this window. I’m hopping they go for Mac Allister and Mount, and we get Ugarte.

33 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Xhaka to join Leverkusen for €15 million. Bit surprising given his renaissance.

I reckon Rice to Arsenal is done.

Stand by thinking rice doesnt play arsenal's brand of football let alone is good enough to justify the price tag

Huge blow for West ham if it happens

56 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Xhaka to join Leverkusen for €15 million. Bit surprising given his renaissance.

I reckon Rice to Arsenal is done.

thats a downgrade for Arsenal, Xhaka is definitely better going forward with the ball

A midfield of Partey - Rice - Jorginho is going to leave a hell of a lot of work for Odegaard 

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

thats a downgrade for Arsenal, Xhaka is definitely better going forward with the ball

A midfield of Partey - Rice - Jorginho is going to leave a hell of a lot of work for Odegaard 

They play a 3 man midfield with Odegaard part of it. I think they would like to upgrade on Partey, I don't know if Caciedo is that upgrade or if his signing is even possible.

Arteta must see Rice fitting in and him getting more from him as well.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Alemany working some free transfer magic before he leaves 😂

This has been on the cards for a while he was linked with us at some point to , there have been a lot of leaks involving Villa and Barca recently from this to Cordon’s situation at Betis to Alemany and the recent Ferran Torres rumor.

• 2 weeks later...