The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

On 16/05/2023 at 20:23, villa4europe said:

Stand by thinking rice doesnt play arsenal's brand of football let alone is good enough to justify the price tag

Huge blow for West ham if it happens

Leaving aside whether Rice is good enough for Arsenal or not did you genuinely think they'd be no takers for him this summer despite having two years left on his deal and pretty much confirming earlier in the season this was going to be his last season with them.

West Ham have had months to prepare for this although I think it will be a bit like when we've lost big players and attempt to strengthen 2-3 positions rather than just replace him directly. Can see Ward Prowse and Conor Gallagher ending up at West Ham.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Leaving aside whether Rice is good enough for Arsenal or not did you genuinely think they'd be no takers for him this summer despite having two years left on his deal and pretty much confirming earlier in the season this was going to be his last season with them.

West Ham have had months to prepare for this although I think it will be a bit like when we've lost big players and attempt to strengthen 2-3 positions rather than just replace him directly. Can see Ward Prowse and Conor Gallagher ending up at West Ham.

At the £80m+ West ham would no doubt want for him?

Same as Harry Kane that's utd or Chelsea territory, don't see anyone else going for him and Chelsea are after ugarte, spurs wouldn't be able to afford him

Man City could do something daft but I look at Rodri and look at rice they're chalk and cheese

And I think the top top teams want a Rodri

The mirror linking bayern Munich to him for £95m, that would be bayern Munich who play kimmich in that role...

Agree on JWP and Gallagher

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Kovacic to city probably means gundogan leaving?

That's a downgrade IMO

Gundogan would make a great arsenal signing

He has signed for Barcelona

Alemany with his magic budget signings again

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

At the £80m+ West ham would no doubt want for him?

Same as Harry Kane that's utd or Chelsea territory, don't see anyone else going for him and Chelsea are after ugarte, spurs wouldn't be able to afford him

Man City could do something daft but I look at Rodri and look at rice they're chalk and cheese

And I think the top top teams want a Rodri

The mirror linking bayern Munich to him for £95m, that would be bayern Munich who play kimmich in that role...

Agree on JWP and Gallagher

Rice contract is massively running down now. Think West Ham took option out so it's two years but still given them good service and potentially winning europa trophy would be ideal send off. He probably told them last summer he wanted to go at end of season rather than during a euros so it's all been agreed hence Arsenal being linked to him for months.

I remember with the Grealish stuff people were saying who on earth would sign him....only the best club team in world football currently for 100m so they'll always be interest regardless of how overrated or not these English players are.

I actually think of the top teams Liverpool would be the best fit for Rice given the decline of Henderson and Fabiano so there's a void there but if they're baulking paying 100m for Bellingham next to no chance they'll go close to that for Rice.

He isn't doing a Marc Noble and just staying there for his whole career anyway.

2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

That would be disappointing if they could pull it off because he's very good and I would have bet he would have went to a bigger club than Saudi FC.  He's been linked to Madrid all season and is one of the rising young stars in the La Liga.  I would love to see him at the Villa, but we can't buy everyone.  

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

That would be disappointing if they could pull it off because he's very good and I would have bet he would have went to a bigger club than Saudi FC.  He's been linked to Madrid all season and is one of the rising young stars in the La Liga.  I would love to see him at the Villa, but we can't buy everyone.  

Newcastle have plenty of wide attackers now with him, Gordon, Almiron and even Isak has been playing wide left for a few games in the run in.

Can only assume Saint-Maximn will be the odd one out and they'll try to move him out before the window closes which will be interesting given he's a big fan favourite up there.

Mason Mount to join Man United. 

Seems like some non football people making decisions at Chelsea.

But more like they they have to sell for financial reasons. I'm sure Poch would like to work with Mount and Kovacic.

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Looks like Saudi's are coming after football after ruining golf. 

Assembling their super squad of big names for their push for the 2030 WC.