The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

7 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

If it applies to Man City then it qpplies to Newcastle. I'm shocked actually that nobody seems to realise just what's happened with this Saudi takeover. They will win absolutely everything and become the dominate force in world football. They are that rich and that determined to do it. It may take a couple of years until their first trophy but it'll happen as sure as day. 

The reason why is that it's no longer as easy to do what Man City did, and even then it took Man City a while to get properly dominant.

Newcastle will do well no doubt, but on the contrary I think people are seriously overstating how dominant they'll be.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Has he actually kicked on as a player after his early promise at Brescia?

14 caps for Italy since making his debut in 2019 isn't that amazing.

Barella is very good so happy Newcastle aren't signing him at least.

He's a good player, but no Barella.  I wouldn't swap Tonali for Kamara or Luiz.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Havertz £60m fee confirmed. Chelsea making a loss there from the initial £75m fee. 

Too much for a player who has never even scored 10 goals in a Premier League season.  Watkins must be worth 100 million if Havertz is worth 60.

Arsenal signing Chelsea players seems a bad idea to me if they want to build on the 2nd spot last season 

Edited by PaulC

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he's not a striker though, there's a very good player in there somewhere but chelsea couldnt get the best out of him (see also lukaku, werner, felix...) 

I keep hearing that and he's decent footballer but no idea how he fits in at Arsenal 

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Probably buying him to stop Arsenal getting him! Good move for Rice though if it happens. 

Yeah he'll get some minutes if ever Rodri needs a rest. Unless Pep plans to move one of them to CB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Probably buying him to stop Arsenal getting him! Good move for Rice though if it happens. 

Yeah will be sitting next to his mate Phillips on the bench 🤣

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

Yeah will be sitting next to his mate Phillips on the bench 🤣

But the 2 and Maguire will start for England at the Euros with 10 Premier League starts between them

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Zatman said:

But the 2 and Maguire will start for England at the Euros with 10 Premier League starts between them

Yeah, they could sit on the bench pretty much all season and still get picked. Rice is a class player, but he isn't going to get much game time at City