"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

Hi All. 

Aussie here travelling to UK in October for a premier league tour. 

Staying in London and im looking at trying to get tickets to the Villa v  West Ham game. 

Does any one know if I can jyst buy a couple of tickets in Terrace 

Im ex brummie, via Rubery, now 65 supported villa since I was 5 if anyone wondering . 

Cheers and thank you for any responses. 

2 hours ago, soezetoc said:

Hi All. 

Staying in London and im looking at trying to get tickets to the Villa v  West Ham game. 

Im ex brummie, via Rubery, now 65 supported villa since I was 5 if anyone wondering . 

It’s been really unclear what their plan is. I’m not sure if they’re for general sale or members. You can contact the club here - https://www.avfc.co.uk/hospitality/ might be worth enquiring with them and getting your name in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soezetoc said:

Hi All. 

Join your local Lions club and get tickets through them.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, limpid said:

Join your local Lions club and get tickets through them.

Yes I have that option , for myself, but we are a group of 8 .

Even though paying a premium (trip of a lifetime) thought thos may be the easiest option ......given this will probably  last trip there

3 minutes ago, soezetoc said:

Yes I have that option , for myself, but we are a group of 8 .

Even though paying a premium (trip of a lifetime) thought thos may be the easiest option ......given this will probably  last trip there

I'd still recommend that you explain it like that to your Lions club. They are more likely to have access to additional tickets rather than have eight of you separated all over the Upper Holte.

You might also want to consider the other hospitality options for this kind of trip.

Anyway, off topic in this thread.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

Question for anyone that purchased these TV tickets - have you received your ticket cards?

I’ve been on holiday for 2 weeks and was expecting to see them on my doormat when I returned today, but there is nothing! I do have 2 missed delivery cards from Royal Mail though - was it sent by Royal Mail recorded delivery by any chance? Panicking now!

Thanks!!!

First Class Small Parcel... not recorded.

23 hours ago, limpid said:

I'd still recommend that you explain it like that to your Lions club. They are more likely to have access to additional tickets rather than have eight of you separated all over the Upper Holte.

You might also want to consider the other hospitality options for this kind of trip.

Anyway, off topic in this thread.

Yep, not sure how it works with the lions clubs anymore in terms of away game allocation but it used to be decent and they all know each other so it might be a case of make contact with one and if they can only get say 2 they might know another lions club who can get 6 etc etc

Its a good set up and community that I know plenty of Americans have benefitted from with tickets but I've been out of it for about 5 years now so it could have changed

• Like 1

A mate of mine has taken a couple of seats for tomorrow. He's never shy about flashing the cash. His daughter asked my son what he thought about The Terrace View. He told her he hated everything about it 😂😂

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

looks like they released the unsold terrace view seats for general sale now. plenty about in the upper holte for tomorrow

Oh dear. Priced themselves out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Oh dear. Priced themselves out. 

It's not so much that - to make room for different combinations of groups in the TV, they'll have had to keep twice the number of seats they needed free - they've waited as long as they could to place them and now have to sell those seats - 500 empty seats in the Upper Holte on a sold out matchday would go down like a lead balloon.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's not so much that - to make room for different combinations of groups in the TV, they'll have had to keep twice the number of seats they needed free - they've waited as long as they could to place them and now have to sell those seats - 500 empty seats in the Upper Holte on a sold out matchday would go down like a lead balloon.

fortunately (for them) it looks like they've been snapped up as there's only half a dozen or so left.

• Like 1

They can afford to release them a few days before as they know demands high

Personally i dont see the issue with the terrace view if you dont want to pay it you don't have to. Its just a overly expensive gimmick to make the club more money.

I personally would do it once if i had the money just to say i have experienced it. Other than that not too bothered about it

• Like 3

13 hours ago, tomav84 said:

fortunately (for them) it looks like they've been snapped up as there's only half a dozen or so left.

Of course, they'll be snapped up - it's just a shame that they get sneaked out on general sale without having been offered to members first - members pay that money to get tickets ahead of non-members - and the way they've sold TV has unfortunately disadvantaged them.

• Like 3

Â