Weekends Football 17/19 March

andykeenan

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I know, but it's all so middle class sensible - so modern football; they're a sort of passionless plastic thing, all shiny and smart - there's all the excitement of a Prius.

Avocado football.

I'll take Avocado FC over Saudicastle United and Oilchester City and the rest of the Sky clubs every day of the week. 

I agree though that it's annoying that the Avocados are better than us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It's what the LiveScore app says

Don't really use it, but just tried going onto their website - there doesn't seem to be anything there about the game - hopefully it's still on, otherwise I'm going to get dragged into Mother's day.

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'll take Avocado FC over Saudicastle United and Oilchester City and the rest of the Sky clubs every day of the week. 

I agree though that it's annoying that the Avocados are better than us.

Most plastic club I've ever been to was Reading.

Went to watch Walsall play there in the 4th round of FA cup about 9 years ago (we'd been knocked out in 3rd round surprise surprise). Ground miles out of the city centre so had to take the bus laid on, got there and there was no one sitting in the home end. Instead they were all congregated in a corner next to away fans. Their "crew" basically consisted of middle aged blokes dressed in full kick gesturing.

Weird place considering it's a commuter town for London so basically they really on Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea fans to come watch them so their attendances fluctuate significantly based on league position.

At least Brighton are a traditional club with decent long term support. Go back twenty years and they were playing at that athletics stadium in Whitdean after the previous owner fecked them by selling off the Goldstone ground. Had to then groundshare at Gillingham for two years so anyone supporter of them over 30 knows the adversity they've had to overcome to get to these heights. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

A fifth for Brighton; their fans have clapped. "Break out the good Sauvignon Emma, let's celebrate while we watch Strictly".

They are football's Michael McIntyre.

If they played Kasabian on the PA after goals they could win the league like Leicester did....😉

Â