Weekends Football 17/19 March

andykeenan

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Martinelli is a top class young player. 

They've managed him really well, been there 4 years, not loaned him out, lots of sub appearances got the benefit of the EL to give him minutes, they'll get the reward 

I'm not entirely sure why, but I hate Brighton.

I think it's just this weird period of success they're having, I'm sick of them winning and sick of hearing how wonderful they are at recruitment and planning and blah, blah, blah - go on, piss off back to league 1 you smart arsed b**tards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

56 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Saka in the form of his life playing wide in a front three, Southgate will still have him as a sub coming on at left wingback 🙄

Didn't in the world cup. He was first choice wide right. Top player. I think better than foden 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's just this weird period of success they're having, I'm sick of them winning and sick of hearing how wonderful they are at recruitment and planning and blah, blah, blah - go on, piss off back to league 1 you smart arsed b**tards.

They do things the right way and it's an inoffensive club and support base so think it's a great story and it would be refreshing for the league for them to get 4th through sensible squad building.

Wouldn't really impact our progress much either as they'll still sell key players as that's their model and will struggle with the fixture congestion so would drop back down the league as Leicester did for a few years after winning the league.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bit like Southampton a few years back. These south coast traditional football wasteland clubs all have their day in the sun before pissing back to where they belong. Eg Pompey years ago, Bournemouth, Brentford will as well.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They do things the right way and it's an inoffensive club and support base so think it's a great story and it would be refreshing for the league for them to get 4th through sensible squad building.

I know, but it's all so middle class sensible - so modern football; they're a sort of passionless plastic thing, all shiny and smart - there's all the excitement of a Prius.

Avocado football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â