Weekends Football 17/19 March

andykeenan

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

It was a penalty. And rules are still red card for handball on the line last time I checked.

Mitro going ape s**t at ref is where Fulham lost the tie they were in control of.

Never said it wasn’t a pen but that it’s United being United! Always find a way to win a game.

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Never said it wasn’t a pen but that it’s United being United! Always find a way to win a game.

I think this was more Fulham hitting the self destruct button.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I didn’t see too much wrong with the cards or the pen. 

I think it's a bit harsh, it's fairly close up, his arm is right in by his side. If it's given every time, fair enough, harsh but fair, but I would like to hear any explanation for how having your hand tucked down by your side is a penalty but not ours yesterday. The refs are a **** joke.

• Like 1

It reminded me of that time when Portugal lost late to France late on in euro 2000 when Xavier handballed on the line. Most obvious red card but all Portugese lost their  minds and they ended up with about 8 men from one incident.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I think it's a bit harsh, it's fairly close up, his arm is right in by his side. If it's given every time, fair enough, harsh but fair, but I would like to hear any explanation for how having your hand tucked down by your side is a penalty but not ours yesterday. The refs are a **** joke.

It's always a red card if it's on the line though as that's still classed as deliberate handball as it stops a goal.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It looks to be outside of his body, if it doesn’t hit his hand then it goes in the goal.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

It's always a red card if it's on the line though as that's still classed as deliberate handball as it stops a goal.

A handball is a handball, the DOGSO decision is entirely separate. They can't seem to make their mind up what a "natural position is".

The actual red card rule has nothing to do with it being on the line, btw, it's for denying a goalscoring opportunity, so strictly speaking, so was yesterday 

It looks to be outside of his body, if it doesn’t hit his hand then it goes in the goal.

I don't think that arm could be any closer to his torso without fisting himself

Yep

Of course same situation with us yesterday, if it hadn't hit the players arm it goes in. It's the inconsistency that sucks balls.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

A handball is a handball, the DOGSO decision is entirely separate. They can't seem to make their mind up what a "natural position is".

The actual red card rule has nothing to do with it being on the line, btw, it's for denying a goalscoring opportunity, so strictly speaking, so was yesterday 

Leno was out of the action though so that's the issue. Yesterday Neto was still in the goal and may have saved so Bournemouth player would never have been sent off even regardless of whether penalty should've been given (which it should).

Just now, picicata said:

Yep

Of course same situation with us yesterday, if it hadn't hit the players arm it goes in. It's the inconsistency that sucks balls.

Yeah consistency is my beef here - though I think yesterday's was far more blatant as he's got both arms just thrown out to his side.

The Fulham defender could have had his arm behind his back or something, but that's the definition of an arm being in a "natural position", for my money.

Just now, Genie said:

What happened to that sensible idea where they wouldn’t give a penalty AND red card (unless it was for violent conduct)? 

That only applies to tackles if they're making an honest attempt for the ball

The logic here is it's only a red for cynical deliberate actions. So for handball, obviously it is because the handball offence is a "deliberate" act, and they supported that with this "natural position" consideration so you shouldn't bve getting a red for an accidental handball, as it shouldn't be handball. But that applies only if VAR checks your shirt and sees you play for the scum 6.

Of course one issue I do have is Fernandes did same as Mitro at Anfield when he touched the assistant and didn't even get a talking to or referred to FA for retrospective punishment so that's a clear example of inconsistancy.

He wouldn't be playing today for example if he'd got a red.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

I didn’t see too much wrong with the cards or the pen. 

Neither do I - Willian prevented a goal by using his hand and Mitrovic was an utter dick, losing his head like that.

No matter how bad Utd are playing they always seem to get a way back in 😡

• Thanks 1

Â