Antonio Cordón - New Sporting Director?

HalfTimePost

On 21/04/2023 at 08:53, MWARLEY2 said:

Also the best news is that Emery is all in for the Villa. No interest in moving onwards. He is targetting the staff that he knows will bring success. 

Just as long as they don't try and replace the staff in the North sand lower scran shop...there would be riots!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, siminjo said:

I guess this guy is not coming? Are we missing out by not getting this guy instead?

Don't think we're missing out at all.  I think the owners are putting together a structure within the club that shows ambition and a will to succeed.  

1 hour ago, siminjo said:

I guess this guy is not coming? Are we missing out by not getting this guy instead?

we might be.....we will have a first 11 of DOF's.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

The team he built at Betis is very entertaining, such a balanced team nobody in particular stands out it just works. I hope this is still on the cards .

Kind of like Emery’s teams (PSG and Arsenal aside).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If Cordon accepts at least it proves he’s a man without much of an ego, who doesn’t mind being second or third choice and everyone knowing it.

The truth is we don’t know anything except that there was a lot of noise coming from Spain. Given that Barcelona have a great deal of power and control the message as they see fit, it should probably be all taken with a large pinch of salt. Other than what they said we don’t know if we were really ever seriously interested. 

There was a story a few months back that we were interested, true or not, who knows? However it’s not a big jump from there to rehash an old story for his or Barcelona’s own purposes. 

Given how we generally operate, I was surprised that once Barcelona had gone public, we were taking so long to make our own announcement. I’d equally be unsurprised if we were quite happy to let the story run while we got on with something else. A useful smokescreen attributed to someone else, very handy. 

Â