Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

10 minutes ago, trom_borg said:

Most people seem to miss that Philogene and Archer, at least in terms of europa registration, cant be replaced by bringing someone new to the club in. In the europa squad they have to be replaced by a home grown talent.  Even with the current squad (and if we get anotehr defender in which looks likely), either Couthino or Traore misses out. 

GK: Martinez*, Olsen, Marschall**

Def: Cash*, Konsa*, Chambers*, Carlos, Torres, Lenglet, Digne, Moreno

Mid: Kamara, Douglas, Tielemans, Dendoncker, McGinn, Coutinho, Ramsey**

Att: Watkins*, Diaby, Zaniolo, Bailey, Traore, Duran

*Trained in nation **Trained at club

I think that's pretty much everyone if we sign Lenglet, so yeah 1 player would need to miss out to meet the homegrown quota. Coutinho leaving seems like the strongest possibility? But then makes me think we're less likely to sign another attacking player unless we're leaving somebody else out like Traore 🤔

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villan95 said:

GK: Martinez*, Olsen, Marschall**

Def: Cash*, Konsa*, Chambers*, Carlos, Torres, Lenglet, Digne, Moreno

Mid: Kamara, Douglas, Tielemans, Dendoncker, McGinn, Coutinho, Ramsey**

Att: Watkins*, Diaby, Zaniolo, Bailey, Traore, Duran

*Trained in nation **Trained at club

I think that's pretty much everyone if we sign Lenglet, so yeah 1 player would need to miss out to meet the homegrown quota. Coutinho leaving seems like the strongest possibility? But then makes me think we're less likely to sign another attacking player unless we're leaving somebody else out like Traore 🤔

Don't we need 2 more ** trained at club players in this list? 

My reading is the squad must contain 8 players trained in nation or club and four of those minimum must be trained by the club. I notice Feeney and Revan were on bench against Hibs presumably for this reason. 

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Don't we need 2 more ** trained at club players in this list? 

My reading is the squad must contain 8 players trained in nation or club and four of those minimum must be trained by the club. I notice Feeney and Revan were on bench against Hibs presumably for this reason. 

I believe we can just leave 2 spaces in the squad so name 23 players instead of 25. Players like Feeney don't need to be registered if they're U21 and been at the club for at least 2 seasons. We probably don't even have to register Marschall as long as there isn't a 3GK rule.

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Lenglet is a decent central defensive reinforcement. Means we'll see alot more of Konsa at right back. Regardless I'm happy with the defensive options now.

Now we need another creative attacker.

I agree with this and im still far from comfortable with Olsen as backup yes played ok overall against burnley but ive seen enough to know i will be nervous if he played a handful of games..just to clarify if we have Lenglet and Zaniolo on loan does that mean we have no more loan spaces, so unless we chuck 40 or 50 million then we wont be able to sign a new delightful attacker AND we should have tried to snap up Matheus Nunes before Man City did 

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Thanks.

He was a buy though, even if his fee was £0.   

It's been a great window.  I'd be happy enough if it closed now, we've added quality without losing quality (injuries aside).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

So nobody else then other than Loan for Lenglet ?

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Lenglet our last addition it seems. We'd see ball rolling on others if we were moving for them

Would you care to explain why would Lenglet be the last addition? and why would we need to see the ball rolling now on any new addition when there's still two and a half days remaining of the window? I'm just curious.

Fwiw, The ball on Lenglet only started yesterday or so and completed today.

There will be more additions added in the remaining time left once they become available, i'm sure we're ready to act the moment they do.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Lenglet is a decent central defensive reinforcement. Means we'll see alot more of Konsa at right back. Regardless I'm happy with the defensive options now.

Now we need another creative attacker.

Don’t actually mind this. I think Konsa’s ability to drive with the ball and just his whole round technical game as massively improved under Emery.

Btw… since some people stated “we are done”… we have signed Zaniolo, nearing the signing of Lenglet and potentially bringing in at least one more player ahead of the deadline on Friday at 11pm…

not to forget the sales that are set to be completed and finalised shortly… 

Busy busy 

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1