Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Post match review? 

Did that come from himself or was he commenting on someone else’s comment? Or was it Paddy? He seems to get genuine information.

Some guy commented a while back (who Neil said was legit) and then Zaniolo was signed…

Regardless, I feel confident that we will bring in at least, and maybe just, 2 signings of genuine quality to make us stronger.

We’ll be in a better place once the window closes… it’s going to be a good season…

Yeah in the post match review, it came from him, not a comment.

35 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Already shared the comment but it’s been put online again today, Unai says there are 4 days left and we are ready for players leaving and joining…

Monchi will be relentless…

I don’t think anyone’s expecting more than a couple of signings but more would be welcome for sure, depends on who is leaving.

Once again, quality not quantity.

Despite the suggestions, there isn’t a single person here who wants signings for the sake of it - nor is there anyone at the club who wants that.

Unai will continue to elevate and strengthen this squad and team over time… we want to keep pushing, progressing and competing. No standing still or accepting mediocrity.

just hope we don't lose any of our midfield players.

50 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Hope not, Tavares is rubbish, mediocre technique and not as good as Digne is.

Thought Emery had signed him for Arsenal but he had been gone 18 months when he turned up.

Don't really see the point of letting Digne go to replace him with this guy regardless of FFP.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Thought Emery had signed him for Arsenal but he had been gone 18 months when he turned up.

Don't really see the point of letting Digne go to replace him with this guy regardless of FFP.

I’m happy to keep Digne, to January at least. Him and Moreno offer something different.

• Like 1

Id love us to sign a left footed winger to balance the squad out. Diaby can play anywhere, but he can’t play everywhere.

It will give us options and excellent squad depth, especially when Ramsey returns.

Would still like a backup keeper who is much better than Olsen with his feet, but it’s not a priority.

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Seems odd people wanting FB from a guy not playing FB last season that looks like Arsenal cast off

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Paddy is sort of ITK.

Paddy cracks me up when we play badly.....no holds barred, both barrels, is Paddy.

He’s usually spot on… especially about refs and PGMOL 😂

They make a good team, great pod 👏

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah in the post match review, it came from him, not a comment.

Thanks, I’ll have to go back and listen again. Have you been listening to the other pod I always used to bang on about? 😆 Those guys are hilarious.

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

just hope we don't lose any of our midfield players.

Don’t think we will and anyone who wants out would need their head examining tbh and imo… we are in such a great place and they are getting to work under an amazing manager. The only way is up if we keep going this way…

We have protected our assets… just need to get Ollie to sign a new deal…

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I agree but not if Unai actually wants him… hard to tell what is and isn’t BS these days…

Maybe he sees a lot of potential and development in him… a player he can work with and work on 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Jas10

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I don't see how Tavares is a benefit. 

All signs say he isn't as good as Digne..so except for saving money if we sell Digne, not seeing the benefit here.

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Id love us to sign a left footed winger to balance the squad out. Diaby can play anywhere, but he can’t play everywhere.

It will give us options and excellent squad depth, especially when Ramsey returns.

Would still like a backup keeper who is much better than Olsen with his feet, but it’s not a priority.

I think we have enough left footers… plenty. A right footed attacker would seemingly be more useful for us now…

I have a feeling that Zaniolo is going to be quite special too…

16 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we sign someone to play on the left it will be almost certain that they will be right footed.  Our width will be provided by Moreno / Digne / LB.  Emery will want our "wide" left player to cut in and try and score goals rather than beat his man on the outside and whip in a cross.  This is how we line up on the right and also the way that Ramsey / Buendia played when they played in that position.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Agree, Would be very underwhelming to let Digne go and bring Tavares in. 

Would rather we keep Digne. We have Moreno to come back as well.