Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Barca…. if he’s a man of his word…

Probably the only way they could get him too 😆

Nothing makes much sense over there, debt ridden fools… 

Might mean a fairly high profile player or two leaving them if that happens… might be of interest to us.

How they make room in their wage budget is beyond me… struggle to even register players! Proper farce.

Hmm maybe a transfer ripple effect which frees up Ferran Torres to leave maybe?

Just now, villan95 said:

Hmm maybe a transfer ripple effect which frees up Ferran Torres to leave maybe?

Yeah something like that…. though they’ve sold Dembele to PSG and Ferran doesn’t want to leave… maybe his place is more assured…

Ansu Fati situation is a strange one too…

Not quite sure how exactly Félix would affect their players… they struggle to pay and register players as it is so would surely need to offload a few to make it happen…

Crazy how a club is allowed to operate and conduct incoming transfer business in such crazy debt… at least 1.3bn Euros in total, required to clear 60m this season…

but….

I know they have such stature and prestige… great teams and players over their history…

but it’s a joke of a situation 

What even is FFP? Or any other so called “rules”

Don’t get me started on Chelsea again

N 115 charges FC

and whoever else

it’s just a corrupt effing shitshow 

• Like 3

It still feels as though there will be a lot of activity over the final 2 weeks of the window. Digne, Ramsey and Archer are all almost certain to leave. Hause, Dendonker, Davis, Bert are all possible leavers. Add to that, we may see some youngsters go out on loan.

You then have zaniolo and Acuna as almost certain new signings. Plus a new RB and another forward as likely new signings. Then, maybe another central midfielder and another attacking midfielder.

The next two weeks are going to be interesting. Add in a few matches and we should all be exhausted by September!

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

'Get the guy the manager doesn't necessarily want and isn't the fit we need for arbitrary reasons!'

Slightly related but one of the things I never get is when people want transfer deals to fall through just because they don't rate a player. You're actively wanting the club to miss out on it's first choice targets because you think you know better

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Slightly related but one of the things I never get is when people want transfer deals to fall through just because they don't rate a player. You're actively wanting the club to miss out on it's first choice targets because you think you know better

Yep. It's a bit arrogant to think one knows better than Emery tbf.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yep. It's a bit arrogant to think one knows better than Emery tbf.

There’s a difference between knowing better than Emery (which no-one would claim) and being excited by certain names/discussing their signing. 

10 minutes ago, villan95 said:

That’s because we’ve had decades of average managers making appalling decisions that we’re left to live with. The signing days of Harewood and Nzogbia were two of the most annoying days of my life!

Actually having an intelligent manager making sensible intelligent decisions, which are good for the club is taking some getting used to. January was actually one of my favourite windows ever. Signed a couple of fairly low key, sensible players. Sold a high earner who was only ever going to be a bit part player and then shut up shop because we couldn’t get the players that we really wanted. Just bloody wonderful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There’s a difference between knowing better than Emery (which no-one would claim) and being excited by certain names/discussing their signing. 

Of course there is, there's also a big difference between what you've said and hoping that signings don't go through.

Reasonable people in this situation will say something like: 'Oh right, I'm not too sure about him but if Emery wants him, he must see something. Just got to give him a chance, I guess.'

Rather than wetting the bed.

I’m going to say this, as much for myself as for everyone else. But this is Emery’s first real transfer window. I had convinced myself that because we finished so well last season the window would be a quiet one but Unai is trying to find players that suits his style so a more active window was always available on the cards. 

I expect we will get Zaniolo and Acuna but I’d think there could be at least two more signings after than. Another attaching option and a versatile player who can fill in in a few positions. 

16 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Cole Palmer anyone ? No doubt he will come with a buyback clause though but still a talented player. 

He’s a really exciting player with bags of potential but after his performances for City I think they will keep him around.