Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I remember people describing Eze as not wanting to leave London. If that's the case he'll be holding out either for an opportunity he can't turn down (aka oil blood money and or perennial CL football north of the M25) or Chelsea. Or Spurs if his career doesn't go quite as well as he'd like.

Even if that isn't true, he ain't coming here. Palace will want insane money and we need to spend in a few positions without a blank chequebook.

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

I would like to see a Pau-Carlos partnership, it just depends on how recovered Carlos is from that injury. Given time they could become great together with Konsa in reserve, we just need one of them to lead the team. If Carlos can do that effectively then we probably don't need another centre back right now (might do in 12 months depending on Mings' situation). 

My personal preference would be another forward or two, and a right back who can also play centre back. It just depends on how much we have left to spend, I fear it's not much before we end up in FFP trouble given we are targeting loan signings like Zaniolo and if it's to be believed Harrison. It can't be that we have no money because we have only spent around £70m this summer which is not much in this day and age. Maybe we see some more spending if Aaron Ramsey and Archer are moved out the door to give us more FFP headroom.

I thinks Mings’s contract situation was a ticking time bomb that may now have gone away. Every cloud and all that. We have good cover at CB too. Lots of unnecessary panic going on because of one game when everything that could go wrong did go wrong. A decent performance and 3 points at home to Everton and we can get back to unjustified possitive expectations thst people can attempt to pour cold water over by the gallon. We had an off day against a good team that played well. The press all pile in and the Geordies need nothing to boost their delusions at the best of times. We’re the exact opposite and can’t wait to depress ourselves at the slightest opportunity. We were told we didn’t need a bigger squad those who believed that we did are less surprised that we can have an injury crisis before August is even at an end. I’ll refrain from thinking or saying out loud that it’s all about squad strength these days as I’ve mentioned a few times previously I didn’t want that to be highlighted this early in the season. But at least we have the time and the management team to correct this minor blip. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I thinks Mings’s contract situation was a ticking time bomb that may now have gone away. Every cloud and all that. We have good cover at CB too. Lots of unnecessary panic going on because of one game when everything that could go wrong did go wrong. A decent performance and 3 points at home to Everton and we can get back to unjustified possitive expectations thst people can attempt to pour cold water over by the gallon. We had an off day against a good team that played well. The press all pile in and the Geordies need nothing to boost their delusions at the best of times. We’re the exact opposite and can’t wait to depress ourselves at the slightest opportunity. We were told we didn’t need a bigger squad those who believed that we did are less surprised that we can have an injury crisis before August is even at an end. I’ll refrain from thinking or saying out loud that it’s all about squad strength these days as I’ve mentioned a few times previously I didn’t want that to be highlighted this early in the season. But at least we have the time and the management team to correct this minor blip. 

This time last season Stevie G was our manager and not long ago we had Xia as an owner and Keith Windas pulling the strings now that’s something to be depressed over!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I remember people describing Eze as not wanting to leave London. If that's the case he'll be holding out either for an opportunity he can't turn down (aka oil blood money and or perennial CL football north of the M25) or Chelsea. Or Spurs if his career doesn't go quite as well as he'd like.

Even if that isn't true, he ain't coming here. Palace will want insane money and we need to spend in a few positions without a blank chequebook.

Ah was it Eze who didn't want to leave London? I thought it was Olise.

3 Years and European football though might change his mind though on staying exclusively in London

I think with Olise going to Chelsea they're unlikely for Eze. Spurs maybe but you'd think we probably have as good a chance as signing him given each clubs likely projectory