Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Would cost £50m and not sure where he would fit in. I think we need a DM more than another CM.

Not sure he would cost £50m, more like £30m for me. We need a passer to play alongside Kamara. We don't move the ball quick enough. Missed Ramsey and his pace yday. Impressed with Gallacher today, he puts a shift in and has a fair amount of ability

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I guess the silver lining of all of this is that it looks like the interest was genuine, which suggests we are looking for a left winger.

Well if we really didn’t know he was injured I don’t see it as a silver lining. I would be asking questions how our Director of Football operations didn’t know this. 

17 minutes ago, WHY said:

Well if we really didn’t know he was injured I don’t see it as a silver lining. I would be asking questions how our Director of Football operations didn’t know this. 

Maybe they didn’t know the severity of it, and wanted to find out. The injury doesn’t seemed to have deterred Everton.

21 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I guess the silver lining of all of this is that it looks like the interest was genuine, which suggests we are looking for a left winger.

Unfortunately one of dubious quality. Harrison is probably just about Premier League quality but for a struggling side than a side pushing top 8/6. No better than Bailey IMO so just a waste of our time.

Going from links to Joao Felix, Ferran Torres and Doku to Jack Harrison is just so thoroughly depressing, particularly after getting dry humped 5-1 by Newcastle on opening day.

• Like 1

Just now, Leeroy said:

Unfortunately one of dubious quality. Harrison is probably just about Premier League quality but for a struggling side than a side pushing top 8/6. No better than Bailey IMO so just a waste of our time.

Going from links to Joao Felix, Ferran Torres and Doku to Jack Harrison is just so thoroughly depressing, particularly after getting dry humped 5-1 by Newcastle on opening day.

I think we looked at the financial side of it and thought that a loan deal is a good idea considering we still have 2-3 other areas that we still need to strengthen given the injuries of the last week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Maybe they didn’t know the severity of it, and wanted to find out. The injury doesn’t seemed to have deterred Everton.

The fact that it doesn’t seem to have deterred Everton is enough to start alarm bells ringing 😊

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I don’t disagree but I’m guessing the injuries to Buendia and Mings may have changed our thinking a lot but, who knows!