Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

27 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Apart from Reece James and Sterling, since Lukaku and Ziyech will never play for them again, who in Chelsea's squad makes our starting eleven, or even our bench? They will be lucky to get eighth this season.

Well Reece James might get half a dozen games in. Not because Cash is better, but because James may as well have a treatment room season ticket 

9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Moreno is better than him. Lump Chilwell in with Mount, Guehi, Gallagher, Tomori, Maddison as massively overhyped English players

Moreno is decent, a good player. But he's not better than Chilwell.....no chance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Moreno is better than him. Lump Chilwell in with Mount, Guehi, Gallagher, Tomori, Maddison as massively overhyped English players

The question was who from Chelsea would get in our XI right now and Moreno is injured

41 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I might have had a few beers, but point still stands

I'm still stuck on how to fashion matter ("a dimensionless quantity representing the amount of matter in a particle or object") into an argumentative substance, so that the idea of "massively" disagreeing with something works for my tiny brain. 😁 I need more coffee ...

But seriously, I enjoy hearing about the silliness of English players trying to be cool on Instagram, which I don't ever use or see.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

3 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Apart from Reece James and Sterling, since Lukaku and Ziyech will never play for them again, who in Chelsea's squad makes our starting eleven, or even our bench? They will be lucky to get eighth this season.

I think this is massively discrediting Chelsea and their players, scouting, manager and coaching staff due to an absolute write off of a season last time out. Half that team, the coaches and manager knew they weren't going to be there in a few months. Lampard has been open about finding it impossible to motivate the players. It was a similar rerun of Rangnick the season before. When the people in charge and the people on the pitch have no skin in the game and don't have to face the consequences of how the season pans out, you're going to lose a lot at an elite level. 

The difference between us and them is that a lot of their squad are unknown quantities still now. On their day though, some of those players could be absolute stars and so it's how quickly Poch can get them ticking over, if they're spluttering for too long at the start of the season confidence could drain and that young squad could find it difficult to keep a clear frame of mind. 

I'd say to answer this I have no idea who could get in our team because I don't know any of their qualities enough. Nice boring response. 

I could definitely make a long list of players they have that I'd like / have liked us to sign though, given the opportunity and budget.  

8 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

Moreno is decent, a good player. But he's not better than Chilwell.....no chance.

Chilwell is woeful, only reason he doesnt get more media flak is because he is English and Cucurella is even shitter

Edited by Zatman

Just now, skarroki said:

I think this is massively discrediting Chelsea and their players, scouting, manager and coaching staff due to an absolute write off of a season last time out. Half that team, the coaches and manager knew they weren't going to be there in a few months. Lampard has been open about finding it impossible to motivate the players. It was a similar rerun of Rangnick the season before. When the people in charge and the people on the pitch have no skin in the game and don't have to face the consequences of how the season pans out, you're going to lose a lot at an elite level. 

The difference between us and them is that a lot of their squad are unknown quantities still now. On their day though, some of those players could be absolute stars and so it's how quickly Poch can get them ticking over, if they're spluttering for too long at the start of the season confidence could drain and that young squad could find it difficult to keep a clear frame of mind. 

I'd say to answer this I have no idea who could get in our team because I don't know any of their qualities enough. Nice boring response. 

I could definitely make a long list of players they have that I'd like / have liked us to sign though, given the opportunity and budget.  

Nah this Chelsea team is dreadful, they got rid of some of the more capable players and will struggle to get top 10. They will more than likely be starting Carney on Sunday for example

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Nah this Chelsea team is dreadful, they got rid of some of the more capable players and will struggle to get top 10. They will more than likely be starting Carney on Sunday for example

I just think it's easy to say they're bad because there's no proof yet that they're good. I don't think they'll be pulling up trees anytime soon but there's no way they'll be below top 10 with some of the dross this season.

Brentford have lost there two best players, so have Brighton, who else finished above them, Palace? Now without Zaha and with the 92 year old Hodgson back for more.

Most teams bottom half have regressed, I've got back from Burnley vs Man City tonight and just watched the most championship standard team I've seen in the Prem for a while, just without any height, physicality or ability on set peices. Sheffield United are actively trying to get relegated by flogging their only good players and Luton are shopping in league 1 and lower championship.

Chelsea have potential world stars in their team, you can only say that about 3 or 4 sides in the league. 

I see the Express claim "Sancho is reportedly being chased by Aston Villa boss Unai Emery" this morning, why isn't quite clear, I wonder what Sancho has done and what he was doing in Birmingham in the first place?;) They say, "Villa are monitoring the ace’s situation" and their source appears to be "Caught Offside", which is on our blacklist (it seems that the Express doesn't have one), so this is probably putting 2 and 2 together and making 5, but the season is nearly upon us and the link is below:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1801401/Man-Utd-Jadon-Sancho-Aston-Villa 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John said:

I see the Express claim "Sancho is reportedly being chased by Aston Villa boss Unai Emery" this morning, why isn't quite clear, I wonder what Sancho has done and what he was doing in Birmingham in the first place?;) They say, "Villa are monitoring the ace’s situation" and their source appears to be "Caught Offside", which is on our blacklist (it seems that the Express doesn't have one), so this is probably putting 2 and 2 together and making 5, but the season is nearly upon us and the link is below:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1801401/Man-Utd-Jadon-Sancho-Aston-Villa 

Just read this myself, and took it with a very large pinch of salt mate. 350k a week. Also mention some nonsense last year with Bailey which is actually nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Just read this myself, and took it with a very large pinch of salt mate. 350k a week. Also mention some nonsense last year with Bailey which is actually nothing.

I didn't even think about checking what wages he is on. That's double our highest paid player, Kamara, going off several sites. Absolute no chance we're signing him on those wages