Ramsey - £60m

McGinn - £60m

Tielemans - £50m

£330m worth, bought for £18m.

Where have valuations prices come from?

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Invented 😂

Brighton et al have proven that a player is worth whatever the selling club says they're worth, provided a decent contract is in place. If someone comes in for Kamara, we can legitimately say £150m please, if that's what we feel he's worth to us.

It's a false economy, it's all meaningless, and it's time we became absolute pricks in the market, just like other clubs are doing. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

FROM MY HEAD!  Last week i had them valued at £200m 😁    But the Chelsea/Liverpool saga has added £130m more to their value in my head 😊

TBH that's the minimum value for each player if any of the top 5 come sniffing at this stage. Call it £100m each and we might consider talking.

Edited by ender4

55 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

To be fair, this window, they’ve sold over €253 million worth of players. More than what they’ve spent on incoming. Although the Caicedo deal will heavily tip the scales toward the money spent category.

A paltry £10m fine for breaking FFP rules?

Boehly’s ties with PIF/Saudis?

56 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Traore no.9 is odd. 

55 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We don't care about the number 9 at Villa really. Number 5 is our legends' shirt.

Ollie should step up, take it and own it…

He has no competition at CF… 

But NO MORE PENS!! 😂

37 minutes ago, markc said:

That leaves Liverpool still looking for a midfielder though.

I agree with thabucks, it won't be long before the media start putting Boubaca and/or Dougie forward (Collymore already suggested Bouba for them)  and they do like to take a player of us ☹  

If they miss out, they’ll refocus on Lavia…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

This probably goes without saying so sorry for stating the obvious, but all the Wolves fans I know say that none of their side would get in our strongest XI now and they'd even say Dendonker would walk back into the team if he was still there and he's way down our pecking order. 

Even Tim on The Athletic says he's very worried about Wolves and that's shared by the guys I know. HITC Sevens did a video on them a few days ago and there's very little arrogance in the comments from their fans. 

The thing is there's always a glimmer of eternal hope in football and their starting XI is better than at least 3 other teams, O'Neil has just kept up a worse side in the league and their form in pre-season was good. But I think the optimism only goes as far as "we might not finish below 17th" in my experience. 

Just playing devil's advocate really because I've been seeing a lot of hate for Wolves fans and their arrogance recently, not from you personally or saying that what you're saying is wrong, just that every club has their idiots who have blind optimism and hate on others for no reason. 

Maybe it's due to where you live because I'm in Leeds and find them insufferable and their irrational hatred of us 

when they hate us......we are doing something right.

1 hour ago, markc said:

That leaves Liverpool still looking for a midfielder though.

I agree with thabucks, it won't be long before the media start putting Boubaca and/or Dougie forward (Collymore already suggested Bouba for them)  and they do like to take a player of us ☹  

Have they heard of Belgian International, Leander?

They can have him for half the 110 mill they were going to spend.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He was given 39.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/11/aston-villa-squad-numbers-for-2022-23/

Number 39 is free and he might be listed as that in the squad list section, I'm not sure. But in the official announcement, he's left out. 

Edit: I know the link says 2022/23 but that's the official sites mistake, not mine. The link takes you to the new squad numbers announced today 

Edited by skarroki

28 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve thought all window we’ll get another forward in (let’s no forget it was heavily reported Tammy was signing pre injury).

Agreed, I think it is the only area of the squad we are really light in both depth and quality. I would like to see one more bought in. Archer could be the man, but pinning your hopes on him in the event of a Watkins injury would be foolish, especially if we are serious about challenging the top teams for a cup/Champions League spot. Duran is still a bit too raw from the few minutes of game time I have seen him play and is currently behind Archer in my opinion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

To be fair, this window, they’ve sold over €253 million worth of players. More than what they’ve spent on incoming. Although the Caicedo deal will heavily tip the scales toward the money spent category.

But they spent 600 mill last window as well... that's the thing.

So if/when they get Caicedo they will be approaching a cool billion so far this year.

• Like 3

Don't know if it's been discussed before but feel like if Brighton can get Kudus but can't agree personal terms, we should be all over a hijack of that move. Weakens them and gives us a great player without having to negotiate with the club, just offer what Brighton offered. 

• Like 2