Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

Their keeper would be a big bench upgrade
Alt Nouri is a highly rated left back if we sold Digne.
Neto and Nunes are good players......

that is all I can say about them really.

A fit and firing Neto would probably be the only player of interest… a long time since he’s been that.

Other than that, they are very mediocre but the fans are incredibly deluded and arrogant.

A humbling is very much required over there…

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Maguire will be rubbish but Ward-Prowse is a good player

One mistake and Maguire will fall apart. And it will happen.

Ward Prowse is a solid player but he’s a ‘doing enough to avoid relegation’ type signing. Ward Prowse, Alvarez and McTominay. Villa and Newcastle won’t be looking at that and thinking, ‘we need to watch out for West Ham this season’.

Theyre just such obvious Moyes signings. If Sheff Utd and Luton weren’t such staunch favourites for relegation, I’d be worried as a West Ham/Palace/Wolves fan. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ward Prowse is a solid player but he’s a ‘doing enough to avoid relegation’ type signing. Ward Prowse, Alvarez and McTominay. Villa and Newcastle won’t be looking at that and thinking, ‘we need to watch out for West Ham this season’.

Theyre just such obvious Moyes signings. If Sheff Utd and Luton weren’t such staunch favourites for relegation, I’d be worried as a West Ham/Palace/Wolves fan. 

Yeah I agree re Maguire, he’s not a very good footballer and his confidence is shot to pieces by the look of him.

I’m not sure about Ward-Prowse… it will be an interesting season for him, and I think he’s got the attributes to be a good player for them. I think, and this is a very great place to be, but we should be (and are) signing players that are above his level. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeah the league is very skewed this year in that I doubt Sheffield and Luton will get more than 40 points between them (with Luton giving it more of a go), so there's basically 1 drop spot that any of about 5 teams could fill

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeah they're wasting their £100m way more than we or Spurs did with ours. They should've parted company with Moyes after they won the EC and got a decent Sporting Director/Coach combination to invest that money properly. Moyes will be gone before Christmas and they'll have an ageing squad on huge long term contracts.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Yeah they're wasting their £100m way more than we or Spurs did with ours. They should've parted company with Moyes after they won the EC and got a decent Sporting Director/Coach combination to invest that money properly. Moyes will be gone before Christmas and they'll have an ageing squad on huge long term contracts.

It’s all so obvious. 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

We aren’t allowed to do this 

Why do people continually post/think the owners have invested in Vitoria Guimaraes as some sort of feeder/development club for us? Amazes me!

35 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Precisely, the lack of ambition from West Ham will mean their only ambition is low mid table. Utter waste of £100m. Watch them waste similar money if Paqueta leaves for Man City. 

50 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Maguire will be rubbish but Ward-Prowse is a good player

I saw one of our fans moaning about us " missing out " on Maguire.

Granted that particular fan moans about everything but wtf?

Mentioned that Chambers isn't great etc and bypasses our other 4 CBs  🤦🏿‍♂️

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I saw one of our fans moaning about us " missing out " on Maguire.

Granted that particular fan moans about everything but wtf?

Mentioned that Chambers isn't great etc and bypasses our other 4 CBs  🤦🏿‍♂️

Bloody hell, if we’d paid £30m for Maguire there would be a revolt! 😆 

• Like 1

He's not worth £30m, especially when Man Utd would love his wages off the books, but Maguire will be a good signing for West Ham. In their system he can focus on the basics and he wont need to play out or pass progressively. With him, Zouma and Dawson they will be dominant in the air, and with JWP on set pieces they will be dangerous. No one was lining up to buy Dawson last year either but he has been decent for them. However, once Moyes is inevitably sacked and a more progressive manage is brought in, he will be stuffed.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, John said:

He was shown a piece of paper with a potential Manchester United target written upon it. There was earlier speculation that it could have been Watkins (no doubt because Bent played for us), it could also have been Harry Kane (because he's a Spurs fan), it could also have been just another ruse to keep Manchester United's armchair fans tuned to Talksport. 

Bent is Arsenal through and through.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

He's not worth £30m, especially when Man Utd would love his wages off the books, but Maguire will be a good signing for West Ham. In their system he can focus on the basics and he wont need to play out or pass progressively. With him, Zouma and Dawson they will be dominant in the air, and with JWP on set pieces they will be dangerous. No one was lining up to buy Dawson last year either but he has been decent for them. However, once Moyes is inevitably sacked and a more progressive manage is brought in, he will be stuffed.

Maguire is a decent ball player, very good at carrying the ball out of defence. His problem is not his abilty, but that Man U over-estimated his ability. He is a good centre back but not a world class one. He has a couple of weaknesses that can be exploited. If they had a world class cb to partner him he'd have been decent for them. 

West Ham's deeper defensive line, and counter attacking style, combined with their emphasis on set pieces should see Maguire fit in well there.

Villa would never have signed him as with our high line and his slow speed, and poor agility means we'd get murdered at the back. Pau was one of the fastest centre backs in Spain. Tyrone is one of the fastest in England. Konsa and Carlos have a good turn of pace too. Any right back we sign will be rapido! Moreno = Rapido!

• Like 2

Also JWP's work rate, aggression and set piece delivery will be right up Moyes street.  The likes of Soucek, Maguire, and Dawson, with JWP's delivery will be a dangerous combination. They are still light up top though. Ings, Benrahma, and Bowen will not be sufficient. Paqueta is a good player but simply doesn't fit in there.

Alt Nouri is a good shout to nab from Wolves. 

Edited by Philosopher