Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Amrabat is the name, most likely bollox 

He is a decent passing midfielder with not great defensive stats. He may well have been an option before signing Tielemans, it happening now seems unlikely.

29 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just read a google story that we are going to Piss Wet Spam off by signing a Moroccan midfielder that they are after.

Can’t see us bringing in another midfield player

Other than Amrabat…

Guendouzi is French - Moroccan…

There’s Ounahi who signed for Marseille relatively recently…

But I can’t see us signing a midfielder, or the need, unless we sell Dendoncker and want to improve on him. Would need to be an out and out DM though…

Edited by Jas10

8 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

The internet is basically the wild west where you can experience (just as in real life), the full gamut of human behaviour, but it is particularly true that the loudest opinions get heard more on there, often without merit.

This isn't one of those occasions, Olsen clearly isn't good enough, so much so, that he's a glaring weak link.

We can't have that much of a drop off in Emi's absence, if we are serious about doing well again this year. The majority opinion on this occasion, with the crazies included, are absolutely right.

I feel seen, thanks mate.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Post from Misha on FB re Pubill:"

" So a little info from someone who watches Levante...

I asked what type of full back Pubill was...worth noting he's 6'3...

'More of a traditional one. He's very physically strong and good in aerial duels due to his height. Quite well in every aspect regarding defending, but he has to work on his output in attack.  I think there are good chances hes joining you, as Levante have to sell players.'

On whether he's a starter or a prospect...and whether he's as far along in his development as Fresneda is...

'Prospect, definitely. He will start cup matches and UECL maybe, but I don't see him being the starter in the PL this season. He's a bit after Fresneda I'd say.'

On whether it's a Monchi or Unai target...

'Monchi admired him as I heard when he was at Sevilla. I'd reckon it's because both know the Spanish league and have a good network there. Pubill is on every club's radar as a potential right-back.'

Sounds like what we need, more adept at defending…

We lack aerial presence and prowess too…

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Mentioned him before but Robert Sanchez is now at best 3rd/4th choice at Brighton - questionable attitude but maybe he’s matured and learned his lesson. Great shot stopper on his day…   

. . . and as before, you need an explanation as to why a guy who threw his toys out of the pram when he became 2nd choice at Brighton is going to be enthused to become a much more obvious 2nd choice at Villa. 

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just read a google story that we are going to Piss Wet Spam off by signing a Moroccan midfielder that they are after.

Can’t see us bringing in another midfield player

He was fantastic in the WC. Shift out Dendonker and bring in Amrabat (or Zakaria/Adams) and we would have a really strong four for the two double pivot positions with Tim as back up just as we have for the CB positions.  We are pulling together a squad to compete on all fronts!

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Mentioned him before but Robert Sanchez is now at best 3rd/4th choice at Brighton - questionable attitude but maybe he’s matured and learned his lesson. Great shot stopper on his day…   

decent shout considering he is used to playing the brighton way.

33 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

So many links floating around at the moment the Sofyan Amrabat one seems to be gaining pace, wish the Oxlade-Chamberlain ones would disappear. None about goal keepers though which is odd.

Re Oxlade-Chamberlain, that girl from Little Mix had a baby with him so she must think he’s a keeper…😂

I’ll get my coat, sorry! 😁

• Haha 4

Valladolid sporting director confirms a PL team have bid for him, lots of links to bournemouth

That would be disappointing while at the same time suggesting that if he's any good the top 6 vultures won't have him playing there in 2 years time

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zab6359 said:

So many links floating around at the moment the Sofyan Amrabat one seems to be gaining pace, wish the Oxlade-Chamberlain ones would disappear. None about goal keepers though which is odd.

Amrabat linked to us and West ham, WH are definitely in the market for a CM including putting bids in elsewhere

Sounds like we're being used in something they're trying to do rather than the other way round