Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

In a good mood after Diaby so will believe this link regardless of how Italian media love to lie for no reason

https://tuttomercatoweb.com/calcio-estero/tmw-aston-villa-all-assalto-di-almada-da-atlanta-chiedono-20-milioni-zaniolo-un-alternativa-1855222

Great maneuvers at Aston Villa for the season that marks the return of the Birmingham team to European cups. The Spanish axis made up of the manager Emery and the new sporting director Monchi is working on numerous market leads and one of these leads to an Argentine talent currently involved in the American MLS, Thiago Almada.

Playmaker born in 2001 under Atlanta United, he is the first in the shortlist of the Villans and is valued at around 20 million euros by the Americans. In the event that it shouldn't be possible or the lunge fails, the English have marked the name of Nicolò Zaniolo , ex Roma now at Galatasaray, among the alternatives

• Thanks 1

Just now, wishywashy said:

In a good mood after Diaby so will believe this link regardless of how Italian media love to lie for no reason

https://tuttomercatoweb.com/calcio-estero/tmw-aston-villa-all-assalto-di-almada-da-atlanta-chiedono-20-milioni-zaniolo-un-alternativa-1855222

This was posted earlier in the thread from another source I think as well.

May have some " legs " ?

Just now, wishywashy said:

Italian media love to lie for no reason

Yeah coz the the great british media have never lied about anything. Like Brexit, or anything in the Sun, or the Mail, or the NEws of the World, or GB News, or....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Is this our best ever transfer window? We've signed big players before but not this many in one window.

The only other one I can compare it to would be 98/99 when we signed Merse, Dublin, Barry, Watson, and Stone. Think we got Delaney too.

Anyway, this window has been amazing.

Without trying to be a buzzkill, the reality is we will only know if it’s a good transfer window when we see the players on the pitch and see how they get on over the full season

15 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Good player, I think he’d suit the premier league as well. Isn’t he keeping Buendia out of the Argentina side?

4 hours ago, useless said:

Nakamba
Olsen
Chambers
Hause
Digne
Traore
Dendoncker
Sanson
Wesley
Davis

Nakamba sold, nine more to go, a few others such as Coutinho and Bailey have also been the subject of speculation regarding their futures.

Surely Digne will be retained to keep fighting it out with Moreno?
I personally think we should keep hold of Chambers and Dendoncker for now. Good squad players to have about the place. I also wouldn’t mind keeping Traore around, but I imagine he will be off. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I'm so scared at buying anyone from the MLS because that league is so shit Carles Gil has been a top player for years there.  Their best teams are maybe Championship playoff caliber at best, while most of the league is lower Championship to midtable League One quality. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Aston Villa now wants to sign Jérémy Doku.

The Red Devil also has strong interest from another club.

Liverpool, the third club on the player, has for the time being confined to enquiring simple information.

The Belgian appreciates the idea of a start in the Premier League. Rennes is a seller, but on their financial terms.

56 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

agree about him looking too weak and have been saying for ages he needs to go on a strength training and muscular, fast twitch fiber balancing and refinement program.

I know literally nothing about this stuff but an Olympic champion told me one time that once you lose the fast twitch training it’s impossible to get back in the same way. Now he was talking about being overweight and 35 but I do think on the same lines it’s hard to ‘rediscover’ certain typos of explosiveness. All that said, I agree with you he needs to figure out what his body will now let him do and train to maximise that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I'm so scared at buying anyone from the MLS because that league is so shit Carles Gil has been a top player for years there.  Their best teams are maybe Championship playoff caliber at best, while most of the league is lower Championship to midtable League One quality. 

I agree to an extent. But on the other hand the kid has played his way into the Argentina team from the MLS - that’s pretty special in itself.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KMitch said:

This - it's a shitebags league. 

I just can’t see us signing two pacey wide forwards unless Bailey leaves. Unai rarely plays with two out and out wingers on each side, so having 3 expensive players with similar characteristics to cover 1 place in the team, I just can’t see it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

Wait David Ornstein has quoted the price to be £34.6m rising to £40m with add ons… im pretty sure he is way off and wrong with those figures but i will be left in awe and gobsmacked if he was right not to mention buzzing!! 

Edit: Sorry you sre correct the athletic tweeted incorrectly initially. 

Edited by MotoMkali