Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Ferran Torres incoming… and maybe one or two with him from Barca…

Felix loan to Barca “approved” by Atletico and apparently finalised within a week..

They have to shift players if they want him and want to register their other signings and recontracted players… 

Better get a move on Barca!

I believe it… just makes sense 😆

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's not really.

Someone said "95% of people who get the opportunity to get that sort of money... will take it".  You're playing some weird semantics game because @maqroll mentioned "the right offer", but it's clear he was saying he doesn't think 95% of Premier League footballers would move to Saudi Arabia if they were offered the chance.

I agree with him.

Not at all.

‘The right offer’ is very much dependent person to person.  Messi wouldn’t go to Saudi for £300m a year, but I suspect Olsen would for £10m a year.

It’s not semantics, his point is quite clearly that even at ludicrous amounts on offer, most people would turn down an offer to play there, which I disagree with.

With a big enough offer, I would say that almost EVERYONE would be willing to go.  How big that offer is will obv vary from player to player.

Even YOU would go, and I know you’re not a fan of the Saudis in the slightest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thug said:

Not at all.

‘The right offer’ is very much dependent person to person.  Messi wouldn’t go to Saudi for £300m a year, but I suspect Olsen would for £10m a year.

It’s not semantics, his point is quite clearly that even at ludicrous amounts on offer, most people would turn down an offer to play there, which I disagree with.

With a big enough offer, I would say that almost EVERYONE would be willing to go.  How big that offer is will obv vary from player to player.

Even YOU would go, and I know you’re not a fan of the Saudis in the slightest.

First bold bit, I disagree with you (ha!).

Second bold bit is true, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Are you suggesting that if the right offer came in, 95% of Premier League players would move to the Saudi League? That would be quite stunning.

Probably not 95% of players as a whole, but 95% of the bottom 80% of premier league players.

I wouldn't expect people like Saka, Haaland, Alison etc etc to go on mass with a big offer until later in their careers when they are reaching the end of their peak so very late 20's onwards that would probably change.

As a side note, its all a bit academic really there is only 4 teams so that is what 60/70 players max? They are going to want local players in those squads too.

Edited by paul514

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Probably not 95% of players as a whole, but 95% of the bottom 80% of premier league players.

I wouldn't expect people like Saka, Haaland, Alison etc etc to go on mass with a big offer until later in their careers when they are reaching the end of their peak so very late 20's onwards that would probably change.

As a side note, its all a bit academic really there is only 4 teams so that is what 60/70 players max? They are going to want local players in those squads too.

Image tagged in sex panther - Imgflip

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

interesting names not featured on this list 🤔

some outward movements are looking close to happening 

Just thought the same....

Who are the kids and who has he left out and why :D

37 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's not really.

Someone said "95% of people who get the opportunity to get that sort of money... will take it".  You're playing some weird semantics game because @maqroll mentioned "the right offer", but it's clear he was saying he doesn't think 95% of Premier League footballers would move to Saudi Arabia if they were offered the chance.

I agree with him.

No mate, I was the guy and he is right that is exactly what I was saying.

It's like the old game how much would it take for you to sleep with x...... You have a price, or realistically almost everyone does whether it is 50 quid or 50 billion

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Sounds like something dodgy that you wouldn’t like to be caught doing or have done to you. “You seem to be limping mate”. “Well I’ve just been reawrded”.        OUCH!

You know the old saying, Dave, "what's good for the Goose is good for the Gander".

I would still move Dendoncker on and look to replace him with younger DCM. 

I know this might be mad but I worry if Bouba has a good season the 'big clubs' might come a clammering for him. I prefer to be open minded now to his possible future successor instead of being forced into the market. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

You'd think that it would be easy to police this too. It's clear conflict of interest.

I work for a financial company that as part of our business purchases invoices in factoring agreements. We are legally obliged to screen that the selling and recipient parties do not share ownership as that would constitute an AML risk. How is this any different? It really isn't.

Football clubs are not regulated by FCA 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I would still move Dendoncker on and look to replace him with younger DCM. 

I know this might be mad but I worry if Bouba has a good season the 'big clubs' might come a clammering for him. I prefer to be open minded now to his possible future successor instead of being forced into the market. 

Really hard to do this though. Forrest paid 20 million for a 20 year old from the seria a brazil. 

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Is greed always bad?  

You win the lottery of £20m but you only take £2m because that’s all you need, of course not.  

If you or I are living comfortably and bills are paid but you are headhunted at work with a huge pay rise and assuming all other factors are equal ie good work environment and all that, do you reject the job you have been headhunted for because you don’t need the extra money? I wouldn’t be rejecting.

Greed if it’s harmful is bad but not all greed is bad and in this scenario getting more money is not bad purely looking at the money side of it.

Yes greed, by definition is bad. It’s one of the original seven sins (a basic construct of how not to be an arsehole).

We’ve been conditioned to think of greed as something aspirational because everything in a capitalist world is measured on growth. It’s a bunch of bullshit.

21 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yes greed, by definition is bad. It’s one of the original seven sins (a basic construct of how not to be an arsehole).

We’ve been conditioned to think of greed as something aspirational because everything in a capitalist world is measured on growth. It’s a bunch of bullshit.

Can’t agree.

By definition it isn’t just bad but just Religious BS, like seven deadly sins as you mention.  In those sins, it also has Lust which is deemed bad but you would acknowledge that not all Lust is bad.

The second paragraph is just bizarre.

Guess we’ll just have to disagree on this.

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Football clubs are not regulated by FCA 

No, they are regulated by the law. There is legislation in place to avoid preferential transactions between companies under the control of the same person. It's not ideal and doesn't cover every eventuality though. Fifa is meant to regulate clubs but don't do a good job. This leaves gaps which some owners exploit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Ferran Torres incoming… and maybe one or two with him from Barca…

Felix loan to Barca “approved” by Atletico and apparently finalised within a week..

They have to shift players if they want him and want to register their other signings and recontracted players… 

Better get a move on Barca!

I believe it… just makes sense 😆

spacer.png

Jeez we will have lucked out on that, going from wanting/hoping for Felix to downgrading significantly getting F.Torres

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Jeez we will have lucked out on that, going from wanting/hoping for Felix to downgrading significantly getting F.Torres

😆

I don’t think any of us realistically thought we were ever going to sign Felix…

Rather, most people calling him a d***head for no real reason 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

😆

I don’t think any of us realistically thought we were ever going to sign Felix…

Rather, most people calling him a d***head for no real reason 🤣

Not sure I agree re Felix

I also only think a few people thought he was a d***head…a significant amount thought he be great under Emery.

No need to then settle for F.Torres, I thought we’d got past the days of these kind of players.  I’m sure Monchi and Emery have and will be looking elsewhere.