Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

59 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I see that too. Reminds me of the one we sold to Man City

Ah, you mean the Villa fan who is the best player we have had in a decade, who gave us some of the best years of his career, and moved on to win silverware before his career was over?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Doesn't it say he coached against him?  Not that I can see why that would be a connection 😐 

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Oops missed that You are correct 😂🤦🏻‍♂️ I was half asleep last night when I posted that 

The reason there was a link or connection is because Emery had outright commented on the player and indicated that there was genuine interest:

“As a player he’s a special player. His position as a No.10 is very difficult to be like him with good skills. He can play doing an assist, scoring goals, dropping to try and build up. He can play in the space and small spaces, trying to do something; assist, driving, getting in the box,” Emery said, as quoted by the Birmingham Mail.

“He needs time here to adapt in the Premier League. He’s young, progressively he’s getting better at Chelsea as well. I always follow him and I admire him as a player.”

"Joao Felix was not totally impossible for us but he wanted to play for a team in the Champions League. He has a high salary, and he plays at Chelsea on loan. Chelsea paid a lot of money for that. He’s a very good player but we were never really in the running for him."

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clearly a player Unai rates and likes… (we tried or enquired in Jan too).

I believe the deal would be done if we could get the financials right and convince the player to join us…

It’s a big ask.. highly unlikely…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Would be delighted with Felix on loan.

Cant see it due to the financials though, but you never know. Especially if he gets to the end of August with very few options. 

Would we wait that long though? Let's say we are in for both Johnson and Diaby, both expensive deals that I imagine we would want tied up ASAP. 

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I see that too. Reminds me of the one we sold to Man City

is it felix's attitude that's meant no one wants him?  I mean it doesn't come across that way when he plays.  tbh I think it's more the attitude of athletic Madrid.  the current manager doesn't want him but the club don't want to sell him.  they seem to just want to loan him out at an extortionate amount to cover the costs they've incurred, but keep him for when the current manager leaves.  tbh who wants to pay £10m for the honour of playing and training up a young player for another team.  couple that with the fact the club and/or the player wants champs league experience and your left with no one thinking oh I know I'll train up a player at an extortionate cost to myself for one of our key rivals.  it's bollox.  or this post is bollox.  who knows.  maybe athletico would sell him but he's a dick.  just speculation but does seem to tick all the boxes.  why else doesn't a single top team want this clearly talented player.

Forget Felix, I want Chiesa!!!

Or even better, both 🤣😵‍💫

It’s fine, Unai will get who we wants… that’s the main and most exciting thing…

We’ve already improved our team from last season and Unai gets preseason and a full season with the players… it’s going to be an enjoyable journey…

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I fail to see what he has done to justify his seemingly insane wages. He's not played well for some time now.

Same could be said for so many players…

Let’s look at it a different way…

Why did Atletico pay such a huge fee and huge wages in the first place? Why were they so desperate to sign him?

At Benfica he was seen and known as one of the best and brightest young talents around…

Clearly a highly talented and highly rated player… sometimes moves don’t work out for various reasons.

I’ve shared comments from Unai on more than one occasion now… he likes and rates him… why don’t we?

Can’t be a bad player then can he? Not really anything tangible to suggest he’s a bad egg or personality, no “negative noises” coming out of Chelsea when he played there either…

The problem is the finances and convincing the player.

Bloody Jadon Sancho earns more and has been shite! And doesn’t get even half the ire! People want him at Villa…

There are so many more examples.

Antony has been shit too.

Players earning even more than him and some not even as good… less impact and contribution too…

It’s so weird… the ire and judgement of this particular player is quite irrational… why is he being targeted more than others? 🤷‍♂️

But those people needn’t worry, it’s so unlikely to happen. Would be a major, massive coup for us if it ever did…

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Same could be said for so many players…

Let’s look at it a different way…

Why did Atletico pay such a huge fee and huge wages in the first place? Why were they so desperate to sign him?

At Benfica he was seen and known as one of the best and brightest young talents around…

Clearly a highly talented and highly rated player… sometimes moves don’t work out for various reasons.

I’ve shared comments from Unai on more than one occasion now… he likes and rates him… why don’t we?

Can’t be a bad player then can he? Not really anything tangible to suggest he’s a bad egg or personality, no “negative noises” coming out of Chelsea when he played there either…

The problem is the finances and convincing the player.

Bloody Jadon Sancho earns more and has been shite! And doesn’t get even half the ire! People want him at Villa…

There are so many more examples.

Antony has been shit too.

Players warning even more than him and some not even as good… less impact and contribution too…

It’s so weird… the ire and judgement of this particular player is quite irrational…

But those people needn’t worry, it’s so unlikely or happen. 

Don't even get me started on Mudryk...

Wingers are so hit and miss, it's extremely difficult to find anything near to consistency. 

It's why Barnes' numbers are actually going under the radar imo. 

Just now, Wainy316 said:

If Emery wants him, I want him.  If he doesn’t I don’t.

Thats my stress free approach to transfers now such is my trust for the man.

This should be pinned...

Would save so much 'hot air'.