Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Still find myself puzzled at the admiration for Joao Felix. He did well for Benfica a few years ago, sure, but since then has been, at best, OK. There are enough reports I've seen about his personality -- and granted, some of these may be incorrect -- that seem very red flag. Why would we want to bring a fairly middling forward with a top-flight ego to Villa without the stellar record to back up the entitlement? I just don't think we need the distraction. I guess others are able to see amazing potential, but based on what? The one possible potential benefit I see in outwardly pursuing Joao Felix is that other clubs' supporters are enamoured, too (well, perhaps not Athletico or Chelsea's any more), and perhaps it makes us look ambitious on the market to "go after" Felix, ie, if we're seeking the "best," maybe some snobbier agents and players will deal with us? 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

15 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Regarding Johnson, I am saying this without any inside knowledge on this so called target, but overpriced English players don't seem to be the plan of attack.

Leave that for the likes of Everton.*

*Or Man United 

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Felix, Johnson and Diaby would do me just fine. 

I just can't see Johnson AND Diaby? Both right sided wingers? and if reports are true, then its circa £80-90m for both? Surely not

I think we are pitching:

Williams is dead so Diaby or failing that Johnson

Gonclaves is likely dead so Felix (on loan) or failing that De Ketelaere

F Torres (possibly on loan but if the funds are there then buy)

and that would complete the forwards.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I just can't see Johnson AND Diaby? Both right sided wingers? and if reports are true, then its circa £80-90m for both? Surely not

Depends on who is going out. Coutinho if rumours are to be believed is off and Maybe Bailey. That would leave us very light so Johnson (the Welsh one 😉) and Diaby plus CDK would strengthen us overall.

Edit - these three will give us more legs in the forward positions. Ollie seems to be the number 1 forward for us though.

Edited by Sulberto21

19 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Still find myself puzzled at the admiration for Joao Felix. He did well for Benfica a few years ago, sure, but since then has been, at best, OK. There are enough reports I've seen about his personality -- and granted, some of these may be incorrect -- that seem very red flag. Why would we want to bring a fairly middling forward with a top-flight ego to Villa without the stellar record to back up the entitlement? I just don't think we need the distraction. I guess others are able to see amazing potential, but based on what?

You just wanted to post the video didn’t you?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Still find myself puzzled at the admiration for Joao Felix. He did well for Benfica a few years ago, sure, but since then has been, at best, OK. 

I think you are missing two important circumstances.

Firstly, he was not just "ok" - he was Benfica's Grealish. Generational talent, and incredible for his age. He cost over €100m which speaks volumes.

The second thing is he moved to the most defensive team of the top European clubs, and as a young attacking player that is always going to be difficult. He then moved to the shit show that is Chelsea, and I bet you Mbappe would look like Adama Traore in that set up.

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 2

Diaby and Johnson would add so much pace to our attack. Teams would be reluctant to push too much because of our speed on the counter.

Bring in those two, and utilise Archer as another striker option, and we’ll have a very good attack.

• Like 1