Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, gaz90 said:

It's unlike this account to pipe up randomly with a tweet about a player without them meaning something (i.e. there's something in the Brennan Johnson rumours). Whether you believe this account or not, the smoke is building on this one, so there might be something to it. He wouldn't be someone that I'd go for (I think there's better value elsewhere), but he's got pace, potential, knows where the net is and in Unai we trust.

Are you kidding?  That guy is completely full of shit?  Can't believe folk are still falling for this guy after around 4 transfer windows! 🤯

• Like 1

aston Villa contacted #Milan for #kalulu 🔴⚫

Would suit the hybrid RB/CB role really well

Just realised he signed a new deal at Milan recently so I doubt this is true but he would suit the role 

Edited by Rustibrooks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Craigy1874 said:

Are you kidding?  That guy is completely full of shit?  Can't believe folk are still falling for this guy after around 4 transfer windows! 🤯

Can't believe folk are still criticising speculation in a speculation thread.

As I said in my post, multiple people are talking about our interest in Brennan Johnson at the moment and I was building on a similar tweet from TrentVilla. I was trying to add something to the conversation, rather than deter people from posting in future (which we've seen in the last 24 hours with av1 leaving the board).

• Like 2

Any move for Johnson will be based on the data department stats and also our expert scouts eyes for talent … I’ll say it again trust the process! If they see potential to add to the team / squad in him over someone else then that is all that matters.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Awol said:

I’ve read that Monchi churns his squads more than anything we’ve been used to before, and also sells some players at their peak value to reinvest. IF Emery wanted to change up the system and move to a back 3 then selling Moreno for a good profit might make sense, but as @Delphinho123 points out we wouldn’t be selling an injured player anyway so it’s a moot point. 

He probably had to do this with Valencia though??

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Sensible to you, not for Forest. Do you think we should Ramsey for £23m?

Of course not. Ramsey is ahead of Johnson in his development. We would be buying potential, which comes with more risk and the price has to reflect that. If he does well he will hit the addons and everyone is happy. Forest get their 35m and we get a player who has developed to the level we need. 

Edited by Made In Aston

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Any move for Johnson will be based on the data department stats and also our expert scouts eyes for talent … I’ll say it again trust the process! If they see potential to add to the team / squad in him over someone else then that is all that matters.  

From what I've seen of Brennan Johnson (which is regular MOTD highlights and occasional Sky televised games) his stats don't do him justice, but I think that the eyes and tablets of the scouts may tell a different story. I put this down to the fact that he was playing at the sharp end of a desperately struggling team. I know a lot of what I've watched is condensed into highlights, but he looks a very bright and bustling player with a lot of potential waiting to be developed.

Without him Forest would definitely be playing Championship football again this coming season, and for me that's a far greater recommendation than stats collated while playing for a poor team.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Of course not. Ramsey is ahead of Johnson in his development. We would be buying potential, which comes with more risk and the price has to reflect that. If he does well he will hit the addons and everyone is happy. Forest get their 35m and we get a player who has developed to the level we need. 

Ramsey and Johnson are not the same player, Ramsey does his best work centrally, Johnson does so out wide.

There’s room in this villa team for both.

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ramsey and Johnson are not the same player, Ramsey does his best work centrally, Johnson does so out wide.

There’s room in this villa team for both.

Disagree. I think he's better off the left, driving toward the byline. 

• Like 2

A quick glance at the age of our defence, highlights the fact that from now on we have to sign much younger players if we're building for the future. Five of our key defenders are 30 years old, and one of them Diego Carlos has yet to prove that he can be the player he was before his catastrophic injury. Konsa 25 and Cash 25 are our only younger defenders with Chambers 28 (likely to be sold this summer) and either Konsa and Cash might decide to push for a move (depending on who gets the RB spot) in order to play regular first team football, if either or both are used mainly as bench and cup players this season.

53 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Robert Sanchez is now 3rd choice at Brighton after they signed Bart Verbruggen… Worth a cheeky bid as back up / replacement to Martinez 

That’s a great shout, if he’d accept that backup role. Would probably be the best 2nd choice keeper in the league?

I like this kind of suggestion 😆

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Could include some 'deadwood' in any Johnson deal. Kienan Davis had a good spell there, they might welcome him back. 

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

If he does well he will hit the addons and everyone is happy. Forest get their 35m and we get a player who has developed to the level we need. 

As the selling club, Forest get to name their price.

I don’t like this approach of us thinking we are entitled other teams’ stars. Reminds me of Man Utd fans thinking they could demand Grealish for £50m plus one of their subs.

I do get the feeling we’re overlooking the fact that we probably need sell a few players to fund new acquisitions. With that being the case, who do we think could fetch decent money? I’m afraid it’s highly unlikely the likes of Nakamba, Chambers and Sanson are going to command big fees so I guess the following might be available? 

Bailey
Cash
Digne
Konsa
Buendia
Coutinho
Archer
Carlos
Dendoncker

Im not advocating selling any of the above as it’s important to have a decent squad, im just not naive to the fact that we need to generate revenue as well as spend it!

Edited by Delphinho123