Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

28 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

So, have we actually signed Pau Torres? I can’t see anything remotely official.

Missed pmuch the whole day so if someone could ease my confusion

A confirmation from Ornstein is the next best thing to club announcement really so… I would be fairly confident in saying YES! 

Romano confirmed it too.

Percy stated the fee was £31.5m.

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Without it being on the OS holding a shirt this is as confirmed as it gets.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

A confirmation from Ornstein is the next best thing to club announcement really so… I would be fairly confident in saying YES! 

Romano confirmed it too.

Rrreeeesssuuulllttttt.

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Rrreeeesssuuulllttttt.

Hardly any greater indication that Unai has full backing and control, he’s got his man.

Bloody excited to see who else we bring in, especially in attack. If this is the level we’re shopping at…. WOW.

What a time to be a Villa fan.

Unai Emery’s claret and blue army!!!

30m is an amazing fee for him.

Man. United signed Eric Bailly from Villareal for 30m way back in summer 2016!

He'd only played one season for them and now Man. United can't even sell him for 2m.

I often think we overpay players for many different reasons but in the modern times this guy is a complete bargain, mid 20s, nearly 200 games in La Liga and about 50 in europe and a regular for Spain in the last euros.

Club and the manager done very well here.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Window for overseas transfers doesn't open until July 1st so guess no official announcement until then

43 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Do you mean Dr Harold Shipman? If yes what are you trying to say?

Yes, just an exaggerated continuation of the Mason Greenwood/Gylfi Sigurdsson suggestions. Poor taste, sorry.

Edited by Adam2003

5 hours ago, catanzaro said:

Yeah very true.. I should have said.. it was an interesting insight.. I didn’t mean it to sound like I was dismissive of your post RicRic 

Ultimately we all wish we absolutely knew what Emery’s plan is for next season.. Certainly I’m feeling very impatient to see what happens next season

None taken and thats what im here fazzling my brain trying to work out exactly how he is going to juggle up this team and who plays where lol

4 hours ago, allani said:

That would be an amazing deal.  I'd actually even reconsider my reluctance about Barnes in that scenario - a front three of Watkins, Torres and Barnes wouldn't be too shabby at all.  Especially with Kamara, Luiz and Tielemans giving them a solid platform to work from.  And that's before we even get to adding McGinn and Ramsey into the equation to change things up a bit.  I still think we could do better than Barnes but you'd think that we'll be scoring some goals with that line-up.  I'd be a bit worried about Ollie getting injured and so would prefer to have someone a bit more suited to playing either as a wide attacker or through the middle as I am not sure about playing Torres or Barnes through the middle for an extended period and I kind of feel like Archer needs another season before we will know whether or not he might be an option.

Thats where Joao Felix comes in 😁id cream myself if we managed to sign him though.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Yes, just an exaggerated continuation of the Mason Greenwood/Gylfi Sigurdsson suggestions. Poor taste, sorry.

No need to be sorry. We Villa fans have much to look forward to so I would rather think on that than the fortunes of a serial killer who may have killed hundreds of old people.

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

Can you lot stop jumping on him like a bunch of idiots.

It is clear what he thinks and what he means.

Hey, thanks, but no worries tho. If the reactions to my question about Mason Greenwood are an accurate reflection of people's abhorrence for rape culture in sport -- and there's no question it's a problem -- then I'm glad to see it. There has to be accountability. That can only be good, right? I don't take it personally! It's clear that I've misapprehended the level of VT disgust towards him (I never followed his story super closely, tbh), and that's obviously got to factor in. We've all known women and some men who have been victims of sexual violence, so it's understandable if indeed that's why it touches such a nerve. I just feel he's too young to be labeled for life, as much as his evil behaviours also sicken me. I certainly didn't mean to harsh anyone's Torres buzz, which I'm happy about, too.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

So I haven’t listened to the Evans podcast but by all accounts he was reminding people that we are still limited by FFP and need to shift a few players. Whilst he might have been on the negative side, this is all stuff we know. I would be surprised if we had spent so heavily in a non priority position if that was the bulk of our budget.

It is frustrating that we can’t shift players for money. The fact that we haven’t been able to sell Davis or Nakamba for a fee after successful loans is annoying. I’d be tempted to tell Luton to do one and loan him elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

So I haven’t listened to the Evans podcast but by all accounts he was reminding people that we are still limited by FFP and need to shift a few players. Whilst he might have been on the negative side, this is all stuff we know. I would be surprised if we had spent so heavily in a non priority position if that was the bulk of our budget.

It is frustrating that we can’t shift players for money. The fact that we haven’t been able to sell Davis or Nakamba for a fee after successful loans is annoying. I’d be tempted to tell Luton to do one and loan him elsewhere.

Evans is an FFP expert now?

Squad needs clearing down because it’s too big. We had a fair few players out on loan last season and signing 3-4 more players after we’ve got Torres, plus keeping the likes of Nakamba, Davis, Hause and Sanson would be a nightmare to manage.

FFP can’t be that much of an issue.