Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

17 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

The overuse of the phrases "Villa have been linked with ..." and "Villa are monitoring ..." have worn me down finally. I've just about stopped listening until it's posted on AVFC.co.uk, you know? I think this is a positive development for my overall mental hygiene. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Just now, paul514 said:

Thomas Munier (or however you spell it)

has only reached 2000 league minutes once in his whol career and is 32 in September.

Just, no.

he was injured for basically the entire of last season also.

i dont think for one second we are in for him tbh.

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Me too.

Nothing suggests he would be a good signing 

Where did the link come from in the first place? Is there any real reason to believe in it?

I’m not at all convinced. A whole heap of better options out there I would think.

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Everyone seems to be kicking off with each other more than ever this week. Even I’ve been guilty of it.  We really need some transfer news!

Still got a feeling we’re trying to sign Barnes.

Really hope we can do better than Barnes

Emery said he wants to improve the team off the ball above everything end of last season and Barnes is shit off the ball so I don't think he's a target

Edited by Kiwivillan

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

You know we have Cash and it was our backup RB that we didn't extend the contract of. Meunier has very good attacking output and will fit in well. Emery knows him having coached him for 2 years at PSG. 

To me this is looks good business. 

Cash is better than Meunier who will want about 60k a week more than Cash is getting

Also he is shit, Chambers be a better option

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Everyone seems to be kicking off with each other more than ever this week. Even I’ve been guilty of it.  We really need some transfer news!

Still got a feeling we’re trying to sign Barnes.

Yea if you could keep your opinions to yourself please that would be great. Stop spouting them all over this public forum.

Edited by Tayls
Troll face wasn’t needed - people get it.
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Xela said:

The transfer window game has become a monster in recent years. I hate it. 

I blame that clearing in the woods Romano for his regular posting about transfers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if we managed to sign Chiesa. It would be a sliding doors moment, a real sit up and take notice signing. I just don't see it.

If we're to progress to the stage where our owners aspire to be, bringing in Emery and Monchi would suggest they're serious, then we will need a statement/sliding doors signing.

Not saying it will be Chiesa, but we need a high profile signing to lead the way for others, who don't realise we're a big club, to follow.

• Like 1

I’m probably missing someone really obvious right now but who’s the last Italian player to do really well in England ?

Be interesting to see how Tonali does and Chiesa if he comes to the league. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa