Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

17 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Firstly stop posting any information from football insider ❌ 

secondly we should not be entertaining links signing a 31 yr old right back who is turning 32 in couple months, the only player we should be signing over the age of 31 is a goalkeeper.

Lastly we should certainly not be paying €65M release fees for any defender when this is the area we need to develop the least.

Thanks for telling everyone what we should and shoudnt be doing.  

Hopefully the whole forum is on the same page now! 👍

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Some players come into their own a little later. 26 is still young. I wouldn't write him off based on just that.

Respectfully Ive most certainly written him off and thats based off knowledge and experience of the game. 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Firstly stop posting any information from football insider ❌ 

secondly we should not be entertaining links signing a 31 yr old right back who is turning 32 in couple months, the only player we should be signing over the age of 31 is a goalkeeper.

Lastly we should certainly not be paying €65M release fees for any defender when this is the area we need to develop the least.

Well, that’s that settled then. 

• Haha 2

I don’t expect anything really to come to fruition until Monchi is sat behind his desk in July. 

We’ve just got to sit tight and have a little patience. 

The signings will come and I’m confident they’ll be what we need to progress as a team.

1 minute ago, macandally said:

Thanks for telling everyone what we should and shoudnt be doing.  

Hopefully the whole forum is on the same page now! 👍

Well I'm sure the larger majority with common sense and understanding will get the message and take it differently to you 👍🏽

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Respectfully Ive most certainly written him off and thats based off knowledge and experience of the game. 

Have you watched him extensively? What are his strengths and weaknesses? And why wouldn't he fit our system? Present that info and people will respect your opinion. If you don't have that type of info, your opinion isn't worth much. Too many people these days think they need to have an opinion on everything, without backing it up.

29 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Well I'm sure the larger majority with common sense and understanding will get the message and take it differently to you 👍🏽

Peddle crap then appeal to those with common sense.

Way to go 👍

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

Have you watched him extensively? What are his strengths and weaknesses? And why wouldn't he fit our system? Present that info and people will respect your opinion. If you don't have that type of info, your opinion isn't worth much. Too many people these days think they need to have an opinion on everything, without backing it up.

You dont know what I’ve done or what I’ve looked at, i only said no thanks in a respectful manner and for some reason i have a few trying to turn it into something it doesn’t need to be , I responded to @JAMAICAN-VILLAN who i highly respect and get on with , now if you dont like my opinion then move on and ignore simple! Its not that serious relaxx

Edited by RicRic

14 minutes ago, macandally said:

Peddle crap then appeal to those with common sense.

Way to go 👍

Your upset about me declining some Brazilian most of us probably never heard of 😂 takes years of understanding the game and this market to gauge certain opinions, i don’t believe or claim to know everything or know it all and can even get it wrong but more often than not in terms of a situation like this that is not the case.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Some players come into their own a little later. 26 is still young. I wouldn't write him off based on just that.

Your right if they perhaps played in one of europes top leagues but you wouldn’t be in those leagues for so long if you had something different to stand out respectfully of course

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

You dont know what I’ve done or what I’ve looked at, i only said no thanks in a respectful manner and for some reason i have a few trying to turn it into something it doesn’t need to be , I responded to @JAMAICAN-VILLAN who i highly respect and get on with , now if you dont like my opinion then move on and ignore simple! Its not that serious relaxx

I quite clearly didn't say that you've done nothing or looked at nothing. I simply said back up your opinion, rather than dismissing links based on flimsy reasoning (i.e. plays in an inferior league at 26). If you have more constructive reasoning then I and everyone else would probably like to hear it, as it'll add value to the debate, but you didn't offer that in your initial post.