Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

More than £52million on one player. This summer? That is absolutely not happening for a number of reasons. Mark MY words.

But it wont be far off, im more than confident we will spend at least £44m on one player 🤝

1 minute ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Screenshot2023-06-24at12_36_08.png.7e05eb9852bdc85bd2e7aa5fccf8dc2b.png

👀 

Don't have these guys down as the type to do ITK bullsh*t.

Favourite interpretation is Harvey Barnes (as in Barn Owl 😆)

Owl?

Can only be...

...the return of Barry Bannan!

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

We could spend £150m this window and not have any FFP problems.  I'm not even sure we need to strengthen the squad really; we need 2 or 3 players of better quality than we have (ideally).

Tielemens has already arrived (or is due to) on a "free", could easily see us buying a couple of £40-60m players and a couple of, say, £15m younger prospects or something.  Certainly couldn't rule out a big purchase "just because".

Bailey,buendia,cash will be upgraded on and they will simply become more squad players or used in less games so to speak, then we may add another CB and certainly a GK … so minimum of 5 signings but we will most likely end up with 6 new signings and at least 5 heading out the door, id probably want us to sell bailey so we can scrape up some of what we spent but definitely keep buendia and cash.

36 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

What happened with Paolo Dybala, there was rumour Roma would sell him?

I'd love him at the Villa, think he'd be perfect for us.

There were lots of rumours here about a month ago but it's all evaporated

• Like 1

Just been reading some interesting stuff about Dybala's contract. It's quite odd, he accepted a lower wage as long as there were release clauses (€12m for non Italian clubs, €21m for Italian clubs) and then by 31st of July if no-one had come in for him and he wants to stay then Roma have to give him a pay rise.

7 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

👀 

😁

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

👀 

The only footballer I can find using the powers of Google who has a nickname of "the Owl" is Marco Verratti.

SO MAYBE IT'S HIM.

• Like 1

Id like our marquee transfer record signing to be João Felix, exquisite player and under the professor he would strive remarkably, Pedro Goncalves should also excel on the left… im undecided whether signing Felix is unrealistic for us or not BUT we’re in the conversation at least for now… guys we’re not getting a champions league finalist in Dumfries so we need to look at other options in that area, in regards to Harvey Barnes I’m not looking down at him at all he scored 13 in the league last season but signing two relegated players doesn’t give me much optimism, its a bit like a catch 22 really.

i think Emery explores his options abroad, could do with signing a young south american with flair 19/20 yrs old on the cheap and build him up similarly to Martinelli.

19 hours ago, paul514 said:

Fair play enough but in the make believe world that Hause, Chambers, Dendonker, Sanson, Nakamba, Davis, Traore, bailey and Coutinho leave…….

What makes most sense to me is…. For their rumoured fees

Pau Torres 35m

Aaron Wan Bissaka 25m

a DM (about 20 of them are acceptable)

Sessegnon ? Very little

Tielemans 0m

Guller 15m

Pullisic 20m

Dybala 12m

That lot costs about 140m not including the sales.

For that money you get.

A Ball playing centre back, defensive right back, cover/rotation for Kamara who seems to get injured a fair bit.

A cheap wild card who plays left midfield and is very quick.

A free transfer to rotate with Luiz or play in a 3

A wild card attacking player who has no defined role and just turned 18 who MIGHT become a 100m player.

A shadow striker who actually scores goals getting our numbers up guaranteed.

A player who has been injured a lot and if he weren’t we could never buy him as he is a 60m player minimum.

it gives the required numbers, allows us to play the current way, 4231, 433, 4411 so it is basically very interchangeable.

FFS...stop trying to sell Dendonker. He's a really valuable squad member(we can't just buy people that are guaranteed a starting place). I think Dendonker will be important given the extra games we could be playing...we need a decent squad must as much as we need a decent starting 11.

Dendonker should stay in my opinion...why waste money on an expensive replacement when he'll do a good job for us!!

• Like 2