Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

17 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

WTF is this Munchie bloke playing at, needs to stop dressing up as Papa Lazarou and get his finger out 

My wife would like to use your scouting analytics, Dave 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Meltdown in process as " Even players from the club we own are turning us down "

On a serious note, he can't be that good if he's coming to Qatar, unless there is a wider plan.

For all we know, he could be getting a passport and representing Qatar soon .lol

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

23DB264C-0700-4301-9E79-458672EA98F7.jpeg

If some hairy a**** Glaswegian sat on the cross bar( like in the past) he would be toast.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I see Barca might be interested in Lo Celso. I think he'd be good option for the second striker role and competition with Buendia. Especially as he's left footed too. He's a regular with Argentina which shows his level of talent. Spurs probably would prefer to sell him abroad than to us though so probably one we can't get over the line for the right price. 

Lo Celso plays a lot deeper

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

It seems that most teams are quiet tho. Not much business has been done yet at all. Should pick up now international break is over.

Its always this way until around mid July

The funny thing is, we are all assuming, that our main characters in the transfer negotiations know who is coming in? they may not.

I can only imagine, there are  irons in many fires, and only when the criteria moves progressively, will they know who is likely.....sure they will have a list of possibles, but the other clubs and players, movements will have a big say.

I can only imagine too, that all the possible free transfers will be exploited first.

It may well be we are at a stage, that even they don't know, who is coming in.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Meltdown in process as " Even players from the club we own are turning us down "

On a serious note, he can't be that good if he's coming to Qatar, unless there is a wider plan.

For all we know, he could be getting a passport and representing Qatar soon .lol

"That's it, Emery will walk, and NSWE are gonna pull the plug and sell up"

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lo Celso plays a lot deeper

Emery seemed to play him further forward at Villareal though, as the second striker / 10 that drops off the front line. The odd game he played as LM/RM. So that gives us an idea where Emery might use him

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

23DB264C-0700-4301-9E79-458672EA98F7.jpeg

Is it wrong I wished that a player had just fully pelted the ball into this misinformed clearings in the woods crouch / face  … then he’d really would have no future, offspring or sex life … 

Edited by thabucks

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As you allude to Shaun, I would be amazed if our people are not well aware of this.

We have to just trust our guys now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It does beg the question as to why we have part ownership in a club when we can't pick off their best players. I know that it helps with permits for South American/African players, but those players may then choose not to come to us if they get a better offer. I'm sure Victoria's scouting department isn't anywhere as a sophicated as ours either,so where is the benefit?! 

15 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It does beg the question as to why we have part ownership in a club when we can't pick off their best players. I know that it helps with permits for South American/African players, but those players may then choose not to come to us if they get a better offer. I'm sure Victoria's scouting department isn't anywhere as a sophicated as ours either,so where is the benefit?! 

We can buy players and loan them for work permit reasons

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Is it wrong I wished that a player had just fully pelted the ball into this misinformed clearings in the woods crouch / face  … then he’d really would have no future, offspring or sex life … 

Right in his Peter.

I would be very dubious in my pursuits of Joao Felix.

The reasons are as follows....if its to be believed that he only wants clubs who can offer Champions League Football.

• So he wants other players to have achieved qualification, so he can walk in to the squad......Doesn't strike me as a sound character...wants his cake and eat it.
  • He has a scoring rate of 3.44.....hardly a rate that would dictate such lofty destinations, considering he is a forward.
  • The fact he cannot identify a club with ambition like AVFC and an Elite manager, suggests to me he just wants glory on a plate....players need to work hard for glory.
  • It doesn't sound like Athletico want him and his Loan club Chelsea are not pursuing him.....seems like he has his leverage misplaced.

I don't even know, if we are remotely interested him, but if we was a greatly reduced fee, is what I would be looking at.

His talent, maybe obvious, his character is most certainly not to me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

If state financed leagues start buying up all the world youth and experienced talent then European football will be as good as dead soon enough. 

They can buy talent....but they might no be getting character......which is grossly under valued, and dismissed as a given at times.

There are still players out there, who while are interested in money, value improving their game and developing in to a top player.....that does not always equate to the biggest pay packet.

I am told Jude Bellingham could have earn't more elsewhere.

Many clubs have illustrated this very point.

I would hazard a guess, that players who have a doubt about progressing. ie modestTalent , aging or being in a mid table club......would be the likliest candidates to just go for the money.

• Like 2