Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

16 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Nakamba and Sanson are likely to either get sold or if no takers another loan, I can see Dendonker and Chambers being kept around both are seasoned pros and with Thursday night football we will need squad depth. 

Chambers would surely be ideal pick up for Forest or Sheffield United playing a back 3. We signed him for nominal fee so anything like 5m would be decent enough.

Some tweets from Telefoot from @YassinNfaoui on twitter, Guendouzi move a possibility this summer, he wants to be in position for Euros 2024 squad. Us, Juve, Newcastle and Inter mentioned

Can we move the thread back to On Topic @Mods 

1 hour ago, burchy said:

I hope, whilst we’ve been scouting Sporting that we’ve been watching Gonçalo Inacio as I think he’d be a cheaper alternative to Pau Torres and he’s a head stat wise, other than progressive pass distance.

Inacio…. I’m sure I’ve heard about him before for hmm 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Some tweets from Telefoot from @YassinNfaoui on twitter, Guendouzi move a possibility this summer, he wants to be in position for Euros 2024 squad. Us, Juve, Newcastle and Inter mentioned

Can we move the thread back to On Topic @Mods 

We have signed Tielemans instead. Definitely better option as was on a free and Tielemans has shown higher form 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We have signed Tielemans instead. Definitely better option as was on a free and Tielemans has shown higher form 

I'd be very surprised if we plan on using Tielemans to cover for Ramsey and McGinn in those wide midfield roles. Tielemans hasn't played well properly in 18 months but even when he was he wasn't the energetic type that could cover those roles effectively.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Chambers would surely be ideal pick up for Forest or Sheffield United playing a back 3. We signed him for nominal fee so anything like 5m would be decent enough.

He would be a good pick up for sure, but as a squad member we could do a lot worse.

Dendoncker - I don't think we ever announced how long his contract is. We didn't when he first signed and it isn't listed on Transfermarkt, I didn't spend long Googling but most of the time his contract comes up it's from his Wolves days. Weird.

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Would much prefer to have Guendouzi but Tielemans is here now so let's hope he recaptures the form of a couple of years ago.

Might still get both

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'd be very surprised if we plan on using Tielemans to cover for Ramsey and McGinn in those wide midfield roles. Tielemans hasn't played well properly in 18 months but even when he was he wasn't the energetic type that could cover those roles effectively.

Whilst your points make sense, I never expected Emery to  Frances Coquelin in the Mcginn role at Villarreal either .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Please don’t tell me you’re thinking of this guy 

Hide contents

spacer.png

But seriously, I’m not a great fan of Dendoncker and would be happy for him to be replaced/upgraded and sold (I find his “casual” or languid style annoying and he is very limited). He’ll probably stick around as a useful squad member though and brings some height and strength at least. Can be useful in terms of interceptions and breaking up play if he can be arsed, shite on the ball though.

Nakamba would be fine if he was press resistant