Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

If we could somehow manage a summer window like this would folks be happy?

GK: Steffen - £5m?

RB: Walker-Peters - £20m? 

CB: Torres - £40m? 

MF: Guendouzi - £20m?

AM: Asensio - Free

AM: Barnes - £40m?

FW: Dembele - Free

Personally I dont see the point in buying Torres when Mings has been outstanding this season and Diego Carlos can also play that position. I'd buy a younger prospect type player there or even keep Chambers as fourth choice. Think we need to go big on a striker this summer, not Dembele on a free. 

2 hours ago, blunther said:

First thing we need to look for now we have Europe is a competent second keeper. We should be able to offer some decent cup minutes so be able to get someone half decent. I dont know if he'd come to be second choice but I'd be making an offer for the Leeds keeper as a young understudy to play in the cups. 

I was thinking about making a pathetic unfunny joke about buying a world class keeper and benching Martinez to prove we mean business but terrible shanter aside, I don’t think that keeper actually exists. The only keeper who can even come close is Courtois and possibly Allison. Neither have the Martinez factor. 

spacer.png

that aside, I 100% agree. I’d go as far as to say a good backup keeper needs to be the number one priority now we are in European competition, especially if we want to push for the cups. I don’t agree with benching your number 1 for cup games but as it will inevitably happen we need a class backup. Also an injury to Martinez is currently the difference between challenging for 4th and challenging for 12th. 

Mamardashvili - GK from Valencia replacing Olsen (around £20m)

Dumfries - RB from Inter replacing Young (around £20m)

Pau Torres - CB from Villarreal replacing Chambers (around £40m)

Guendouzi - CM from Olympic Marseille replacing Nakamba (around £20m)

Goncalves - AM from Sporting replacing Coutinho (around £60m)

Asensio - RW from Real Madrid replacing Traore (free)

Thuram - ST from Monchengladbach replacing Duran (free)

These are all players that we have been linked to in the press over the last month or so and some of them are available on free transfers or for less than their market price if rumours are to be believed. By replacing current players I only mean in the squad position. We may offer Young a new contract but I still think we will get competition in for Cash. We may decide/have to keep Coutinho, Duran won't be sold but I don't think he will be the alternative option to Watkins up front next season.

This would give us the following squad of 22 plus extras for next season:

GK - Martinez, Mamardashvili

RB - Dumfries, Cash

CB - Mings, Carlos, Pau Torres, Konsa

LB - Moreno, Digne

DM/CM - Kamara, Luiz, Dendoncker, Guendouzi

AM - Goncalves, Ramsey, McGinn, Buendia, Asensio, Bailey

ST - Watkins, Thuram

That is roughly £160m and hopefully we might get around £20m total for our own sales. £140m is a lot of money but wouldn't shock me to see us pay this Summer.

Now add to that any promising youngsters that Unai wants to keep around plus any from the following list that we can't shift or want to keep and you have a squad I would back to get us top four next season!

Olsen, Young, Chambers, Hause, Nakamba, Sanson, Traore, Coutinho, Archer, Davis, Wesley

Edited by Monkeypuzzle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It is but after Martinez, the next name on the team sheet for me is Kamara before anybody else.

It's been a long time since Villa fans have been able to debate which of the three CMs make it into the two positions. We can rotate, tactically adapt, or play all of them together.

The best thing of all is that Unai is picking the team and not any of us :D

19 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Pace and strength are the 2 major factors we need in the side this summer to add to the obvious technical ability. 

And if we are being greedy in one window bringing in a GK, RB, LCB, CM, LWF, RWF, CF would be very good for the overall squad quality.

Olsen, Traore, Chambers, Dendoncker, to be replaced/upgraded. Young possibly replaced this summer? Possibly 4-5 replacements and a couple of more to bolster the squad and we'll be good to go imo.

Whether or not we do all this in one window remains to be seen and probably a little fanciful. 

ditto.

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

RB just became a big need, I wasn't so sure before but we must have plans considering he clearly wanted to stay.

ye i was gonna say that, points to a new right back 100%.

56 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Mamardashvili - GK from Valencia replacing Olsen (around £20m)

Dumfries - RB from Inter replacing Young (around £20m)

Pau Torres - CB from Villarreal replacing Chambers (around £40m)

Guendouzi - CM from Olympic Marseille replacing Nakamba (around £20m)

Goncalves - AM from Sporting replacing Coutinho (around £60m)

Asensio - RW from Real Madrid replacing Traore (free)

Thuram - ST from Monchengladbach replacing Duran (free)

These are all players that we have been linked to in the press over the last month or so and some of them are available on free transfers or for less than their market price if rumours are to be believed. By replacing current players I only mean in the squad position. We may offer Young a new contract but I still think we will get competition in for Cash. We may decide/have to keep Coutinho, Duran won't be sold but I don't think he will be the alternative option to Watkins up front next season.

This would give us the following squad of 22 plus extras for next season:

GK - Martinez, Mamardashvili

RB - Dumfries, Cash

CB - Mings, Carlos, Pau Torres, Konsa

LB - Moreno, Digne

DM/CM - Kamara, Luiz, Dendoncker, Guendouzi

AM - Goncalves, Ramsey, McGinn, Buendia, Asensio, Bailey

ST - Watkins, Thuram

That is roughly £160m and hopefully we might get around £20m total for our own sales. £140m is a lot of money but wouldn't shock me to see us pay this Summer.

Now add to that any promising youngsters that Unai wants to keep around plus any from the following list that we can't shift or want to keep and you have a squad I would back to get us top four next season!

Olsen, Young, Chambers, Hause, Nakamba, Sanson, Traore, Coutinho, Archer, Davis, Wesley

That is a highly unrealistic list.

21 minutes ago, Tubby said:

It's been a long time since Villa fans have been able to debate which of the three CMs make it into the two positions. We can rotate, tactically adapt, or play all of them together.

The best thing of all is that Unai is picking the team and not any of us :D

Yeah but you dropped Kamara.  No way McGinn or Ramsey gets in the team before him to any Villa fan surely?  I just can’t imagine at the moment why anybody would pick an eleven that doesn’t have Kamara in midfield, I didn’t even realise anybody debated that.

• Like 1