Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, Frodo said:

I thought if your contract ends in the summer you are allowed to talk to clubs in the January before your contract ends, now I'm not sure if that's from clubs abroad. So maybe we have been talking to Marc Asensio since January as we are a club outside of Spain 🇪🇸  

This is the rule as far as I've always known it, if its a player in another league you're allowed to speak to them 6 months before (Jan). 

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I wonder if it’s worth blowing some cash on Quincey Promes. I think we can aim for many highs with him in the squad. 

Dick! I just googled him and was about to reply he is going to jail.

I have been got.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Whatever next?  I suppose you're  going to tell me next that Micah Richards  and Joleon Lescott were our first  choice defensive pairing. 

Wouldn’t say first choice.  But not far off it.

2 hours ago, gaz90 said:

Not sure how people can think we'll only see minor changes this summer - we've barely got enough players to fill our bench! We could play up to 54 matches next season, excluding friendlies, replays and any international fixtures our players might be involved in. It could be a very busy season.

This summer should be about pushing to significantly improve the first XI, not bulking out the squad. We will have money to spend, but I imagine it'll go pretty quick if we are to bring in players better than what we already have. It's about quality, not quantity.

Plus realistically don't think there's much of the first XI we can significantly improve on at this point and wouldn't want a massive overhaul given how most of the current players have performed under Emery already.

Plus next season should be an opportunity for a few of the better youth players to stick around, learn the system and get first team minutes.

With 3/4 quality additions we'll easily have enough of a squad to cope.

Gk - Martinez, Olsen, Sinisalo

RB - Cash, New RB, Young

LB - Moreno, Digne

CB - Mings, Konsa, Carlos, Chambers

MC - Kamara, Luiz, Dendoncker, New MC/AM, Iroegbunam

AM - J Ramsey, McGinn, Buendia, New AM/WG/FW, A Ramsey

FW - Watkins, New FW, Bailey, Duran, Archer

That's 27 players there, without including Traore, Coutinho or a bunch of returning loanees who will likely go.

Could easily blow up £100M on those 4 new players, even if we pick up one on a free as is being rumoured.

3 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

This summer should be about pushing to significantly improve the first XI, not bulking out the squad. We will have money to spend, but I imagine it'll go pretty quick if we are to bring in players better than what we already have. It's about quality, not quantity.

Plus realistically don't think there's much of the first XI we can significantly improve on at this point and wouldn't want a massive overhaul given how most of the current players have performed under Emery already.

Plus next season should be an opportunity for a few of the better youth players to stick around, learn the system and get first team minutes.

With 3/4 quality additions we'll easily have enough of a squad to cope.

Gk - Martinez, Olsen, Sinisalo

RB - Cash, New RB, Young

LB - Moreno, Digne

CB - Mings, Konsa, Carlos, Chambers

MC - Kamara, Luiz, Dendoncker, New MC/AM, Iroegbunam

AM - J Ramsey, McGinn, Buendia, New AM/WG/FW, A Ramsey

FW - Watkins, New FW, Bailey, Duran, Archer

That's 27 players there, without including Traore, Coutinho or a bunch of returning loanees who will likely go.

Could easily blow up £100M on those 4 new players, even if we pick up one on a free as is being rumoured.

Duran, Archer, A Ramsey, Iroegbunam, and Sinisalo won’t count in the 25 man squad due to their ages as they’ll be 21 or under when the season starts… 

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Duran, Archer, A Ramsey, Iroegbunam, and Sinisalo won’t count in the 25 man squad due to their ages as they’ll be 21 or under when the season starts… 

Not sure Archer will be classed as U21 next season, same (I think) with Sinisalo. 

20 minutes ago, burchy said:

Not sure Archer will be classed as U21 next season, same (I think) with Sinisalo. 

You may be right but I thought it’s 21 and under by the start of the season and they’re not 22 until December & October respectively 

3 hours ago, gaz90 said:

We could play up to 54 matches next season

Surely this number is higher? 38 league, 7 FA Cup, 5 League Cup, is 50 already before Europe.

I mean equally we could play 42 and just be fed up but the potential max must be way higher (I can’t give an exact number as I’m not sure how the Conference League works yet…)

Edit: is it 6 FA Cup actually? Sixth round is the quarters?

Edited by Adam2003

26 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wouldn’t have 25 players plus the absolute cream of the youth players it’s too many as they will be denied game time and crucially when they pop over the age limit suddenly you have too many players to list

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Surely this number is higher? 38 league, 7 FA Cup, 5 League Cup, is 50 already before Europe.

I mean equally we could play 42 and just be fed up but the potential max must be way higher (I can’t give an exact number as I’m not sure how the Conference League works yet…)

Edit: is it 6 FA Cup actually? Sixth round is the quarters?

It’s 15 games inc the final for the conference league if that helps

Milenkovic-Savic got 12 months left on his deal at Lazio and apparently being offered to clubs for 25m, Liverpool linked this week.

I'd be all over that, endless european experience and he usually hits  double figures in goals most seasons.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1